Nursery Nurses (NVQ3 qualified childcare or play worker)
Colets Health & Fitness Club - Nursery Nurses (NVQ3 qualified childcare or play worker) - Surrey
We are currently seeking a level 3 play worker, who will be responsible for providing the highest levels of care for every child in the allocated area. Ensuring that each child is treated as an individual and that its development needs are met on an on-going basis. To ensure that the Nursery environment promotes and upholds equal opportunity policies through diverse activities and positive language.
The successful candidate will:
• Promote a positive attitude and encourage positive behaviour which welcomes children of varying backgrounds and cultural experiences.
• Ensure the effective operating of the key carer system that you are responsible for within the room.
• To communicate daily with parents with regards to their child’s progress in order to ensure their confidence and trust in the Nursery.
• Be responsible for planning and organisation of activities on an individual and group basis by participating in regular staff meetings and curriculum planning. Making reference to the Day Nursery Curriculum Policies and Procedures and in particular the EYFS (Early years foundation stage).
• Maintain observations of children’s play, behaviour and developmental progress, to inform future planning and to support children to reach their full developmental potential.
• Assist with the devising & maintenance of suitable routines in line with the National Daycare Standards (EYFS), whilst considering the needs of children as individuals and as part of a group.
• To demonstrate a flexible approach and adaptability and be willing to work in any area of the Day Nursery as requested to ensure that the service needs are met.
Adhere to and implement, with support, all policies and procedures of the setting - Day Nursery Operational Policy and Procedure, Day Nursery Staff Operational Policy and Procedure and curriculum policy and procedures
The jobholder will be required to pass a police check with the registering Local Authority.
Please see attached for full job description. To apply for this role, click 'Apply now'