This job has now expired
Dicky Birds is a small family-owned business offering day care and pre-school nurseries set in leafy residential locations. We have nurseries in Wimbledon, Raynes Park, New Malden and Surbiton. All are set in private residences and offer excellent transport connections.
· Home from Home – Our belief is that our nurseries should emulate home life as much as possible. Our numbers tend to be small, which encourages close relationships between our team of carers, the children and the parents.
· Secure and stimulated children are happy children.
Dicky Birds are looking for enthusiastic, friendly qualified Nursery Practitioners to work in sites located between Wimbledon and Surbiton. As a company we welcome unique and vibrant staff who wish to share their ideas and endorse our ethos of promoting good childcare.
The Role - A Nursery Practitioner is a qualified childcare professional with responsibility for caring for children and maintaining a high-quality, stimulating learning environment. They are warm and responsive individuals who work flexibly and effectively as part of a team to ensure the smooth running of the nursery.
The Candidate will be able to demonstrate:
1. To create a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for all children
2. To share responsibility for the welfare of all children in your designated room, following systems to ensure consistent, high-quality care
3. To be vigilant and protect children from harm or abuse, reporting any concerns immediately – in accordance with child protection and whistleblowing policies
4. To develop genuine bonds with your key children and support colleagues to sensitively fulfil their key person responsibilities
5. To reflect on practice and daily routines, tailoring them to meet the individual needs of each child, throughout the day
6. To contribute to planning and the provision of a stimulating range of age-appropriate activities and ensuring your room is well-resourced and creatively set-up
7. To contribute to observations and the assessment of children’s learning and development ensuring records are kept up-to-date, are of a high standard and are shared effectively
8. To provide feedback and work in partnership with key parents/carers, building and maintaining relationships that encourage trust, open communication and involvement in nursery life
Location - Surbiton, New Malden, Raynes Park, Wimbledon
Salary - £13,500 to £18,500 depending on qualifications and experience
Please Apply now!