This job has now expired
Dicky Birds is a small family-owned business offering day care and pre-school nurseries set in leafy residential locations. We have nurseries in Wimbledon, Raynes Park, New Malden Surbiton. All are set in private residences and offer excellent transport connections.
· Home from Home – Our belief is that our nurseries should emulate home life as much as possible. Our numbers tend to be small, which encourages close relationships between our team of carers, the children and the parents.
· Secure and stimulated children are happy children.
Dicky Birds Nurseries is looking for a Nursery Manager to work in sites located in Wimbledon. As a company we welcome unique and vibrant staff who wish to share their ideas and endorse our ethos of promoting good childcare.
· The Nursery Manager is a qualified professional with strong management skills. They are responsible for the overall management of the nursery. They develop, motivate and performance manage their staff team, ensuring a high standard of childcare practice throughout the nursery and excellent level of customer service to parents.
· The Nursery Manager also contributes to the development and review of operational policies, recruitment, induction and training of staff and works to maintain the strong reputation and commercial success of the nursery.
· The Nursery Manager is supernumerary to the staff/children ratios but will provide some strategic cover.
The Candidate will be able to demonstrate:
1. To be responsible for the overall management and on-going improvement of the Nursery environment – indoors and outdoors.
2. To ensure that the health, safety and welfare of the children are held to be paramount at all times. Includes proactively dealing with any child protection issues, in liaison with the Operations Manager and appropriate agencies.
3. To devise, communicate, monitor and regularly review company policies and procedures ensuring staff are aware and adhere to these at all times.
4. To create of a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for all children, organising systems to ensure consistent, high-quality care.
5. To be vigilant and protect children from harm or abuse, reporting any concerns immediately – in accordance with child protection and whistleblowing policies.
6. To lead, motivate and develop the staff team.
7. To proactively identify training requirements and provide coaching and support, ensure implementation of the nursery training plan. Also to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of all training carried out within the workplace.
8. To evaluate children’s progress, oversee planning and assessment and ensure provision of stimulating experiences and a well-resourced nursery.
9. To liaise effectively with ‘Head Office’ teams to manage enquiries, conduct show-rounds, operate a waiting list and maximise occupancy.
10. To be responsible for the handling of monies and returns connected with the nursery and also to timely follow up late payments.
11. To communicate effectively with all customers, promoting partnership working with parents, other providers and external agencies.
12. To attend training courses and network meetings and to take on additional responsibilities relating to the operation of the organisation, where required.
13. To delegate responsibilities and duties, where appropriate, to develop the staff team.
14. To effectively deploy staff and resources to ensure that appropriate staffing levels are maintained at all times - includes arranging staff cover and rotas and approving annual leave, unpaid leave and training.
Location - Wimbledon
Salary - £21,000 to £28,000
Please Apply now!