This job has now expired
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Nursery Manager in the Stevenage area.
This newly refurbished Nursery is recruiting for a committed Nursery Manager who thrives on working within a busy environment.
To be successful in managing this large Nursery, you must be able to have a can-do attitude, delegating to your senior staff and have a very open approach to all parents and staff.
You must be prepared to always go the extra mile to ensure the Nursery’s on-going success and the well-being of the children in your care.
You will be responsible for marketing the Nursery within the local area, as well as recruiting and retaining your staff team, so great people skills are essential for this role!
Ideally you will have managed a Nursery previously and understand how to get the best from your team.
A good knowledge of childcare legislation, particularly recent changes, is essential.
A really rewarding opportunity within a well respected Nursery organisation that will offer all the benefits and support you would expect.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- To achieve and maintain high standards of care and education
- To effectively lead and manage the staff team including recruitment and retention, providing day to day guidance, training and support to all staff
- To ensure all policies, procedures and curriculums are implemented and adhered to at all times
- To keep abreast of current early childhood thinking/trends
- To effectively manage the budgets and occupancy levels
- To implement an effective parent liaison programme, to be influential in developing strong links with parents.
- To manage all day to day operations of the nursery
You will need to have the following qualifications, training and experience:
- NNEB, CACHE level 3, NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Knowledge of OFSTED standards
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Good time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong people management skills
- Knowledge and understanding of equal opportunities/SENCO etc.
- Previous relevant supervisory experience
Excellent rates of pay, bonuses and benefits with ongoing support and career development.
All applicants will be required to complete an enhanced CRB Disclosure.
We believe that we can only be as successful as our employees. That is why we invest 100% in each and every member of our team. For more information please contact us or send us your CV to be considered for the position.
PLEASE SEND YOUR CV TO APPLY TO FOR THIS POSITION