This job has now expired
Head of Early Years Education (QTS)
£45-53k depending on experience Benefits include occupational pension scheme (employer contribution of 9%)
Permanent position – to start in January 2013
We are seeking an experienced educationalist who is committed to promoting the welfare of children and the active involvement of parents. You will be a qualified Early Years teacher who believes that the child is at the centre of his or her own learning and who is committed to excellence in provision and practice.
Coin Street Community Builders (CSCB) is a social enterprise and development trust which seeks to make London’s South Bank a better place in which to live, to work and to visit. Since 1984 CSCB has transformed a largely derelict 13 acre site into a thriving mixed use neighbourhood. Our family and children’s centre offers a range of integrated services including an 80 place nursery, holiday play scheme, family support and outreach team, health services, crèche, training and employment support. OFSTED judged our children’s centre as ‘Outstanding’ in February 2011 and our nursery as ‘Good with Outstanding Features’. We want the very best for our community and due to the continued success and growth of our programmes we are looking to recruit a Head of Early Years Education to work as part of our family and children’s centre team. You will have a strong vision of how to deliver excellence in early years education, good planning skills and a depth of experience drawn from teaching practice.
You will be responsible for:
- Training and mentoring our family and children’s centre team
- Establishing and implementing effective policies and procedures
- Developing the range and potential of the Centre’s educational resources
- Supporting planning and profile/assessment development in accordance with the EYFS
- Providing SEN co-ordination for the centre
- Working collaboratively to develop learning provision within our family support and wider community programmes
- Establishing and maintaining links with neighbouring childcare settings, childminders, and our local schools
- Planning and monitoring budgets for resources, materials and activities alongside the Head of Centre
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms is midday on Monday 17 September 2012.
Interviews are expected to be held in the week commencing Monday 1 October 2012.
Details about the post and how to apply can be obtained Tel 020 7021 1600 or email email@example.com
The Coin Street Group strives to be an equal opportunities organisation and all staff are expected to share this commitment.
For more information and to apply, please click the "Apply now" button.