This job has now expired
Which currently consists of 7 Montessori Nursery schools and is continuing to expand. You will receive annual salary reviews, attendance bonus, and performance rewards.
The key day-to-day tasks of the Nursery Manager include:
- To achieve and maintain high standards of care and education
- To keep up to date with current early childhood developments and trends
- To implement an effective parent liaison programme, to be influential in developing strong links with parents.
- To manage all day to day operations of the nursery
- Support the Operations Manager and the Director in the continuing development and progress of the nursery.
- Liaising with the Operations Manager and Director in respect of recruitment and retention of staff at all levels.
- Ensuring that policies and procedures are correctly followed in the nursery.
- Being involved in the Company`s training programmes to ensure that the Company is delivering against set goals and objectives.
- Be fully conversant with the childcare business with regards to maximising gross margin and profitability set against the need to maintain quality.
- To ensure that all fees are collected at the appropriate times and to chase any debts.
- Regularly review and monitor occupancy levels to ensure they are maintained to maximum capacity and that ratio and conditions of registration are adhered to.
- To effectively lead and manage the staff team, overseeing and ensuring that appropriate levels of qualified/unqualified staff are maintained and ensure that you are consistently proactive in recruiting relief staff
- Attend and hold staff meetings, parent evenings, open days, fairs etc.
- To oversee resources, purchase orders and systems for the nursery.
- Liaising with the Accounts staff to ensure that all accounting systems are understood and that relevant financial information is communicated through the chain of management
- Ensure that the nursery is promoted and marketed effectively.
- Ensuring that the budgets are observed, maintained and delivered
- Carry out regular internal Quality Audits,
- Demonstrate a willingness to help out in other areas where necessary.
- Substantial experience in a managerial role or Senior Management post.
- NVQ3 in Childcare or equivalent and substantial post qualifying experience in a Managerial capacity.
- In-depth knowledge of Ofsted and EYFS.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Commitment, enthusiasm and flexibility.
- The ability to adapt and see change as a challenge.
- An understanding of the NVQ qualifications.
- Knowledge and understanding of Childcare Act, Every Child Matters, Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety legislation.
Please apply directly via this site or contact us for further information.