This job has now expired
A Deputy Manager is required for a lovely, homely Nursery in Staines.
The Deputy Manager will work closely with the Nursery Manager, supporting the smooth-running of the Nursery. You will also be required to regularly manage the nursery in the absence of the Manager, once per week.
This Deputy Manager post will be very much a hands-on position as you will be mainly based in the Pre-school Room when not in the Nursery office.
You will have the opportunity to learn more about the administrative side of running a Nursery, while supporting and training the staff in the Nursery, being a positive role model at all times and supporting new and existing parents with any questions or concerns they may have.
This rewarding position will ensure you feel challenged as you learn more about Nursery Management and appreciated, as you work closely with the Manager and Nursery owner.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- To achieve and maintain high standards of care and education
- Overseeing the planning and implementation of the EYFS curriculum across all age groups
- With the manager to effectively lead and manage the staff team including recruitment and retention, providing day to day guidance, training and support to all staff
- To keep abreast of current early childhood thinking/trends specifically related to the relevant curriculum
- To ensure all policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to at all times
- To implement an effective parent liaison programme, to be influential in developing strong links with parents.
You will ideally need to have the following qualifications, training and experience:
- NNEB, CACHE level 3, NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Post-qualification experience and supervisory experience
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work deadlines
- Knowledge and experience of OFSTED standards and EYFS
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong people management skills
- Knowledge and understanding of equal opportunities.
Excellent rates of pay, bonuses and benefits with ongoing support and career development.
All applicants will be required to complete an enhanced CRB Disclosure.
We believe that we can only be as successful as our employees. That is why we invest 100% in each and every member of our team.
PLEASE SEND YOUR CV TO APPLY TO FOR THIS POSITION