This job has now expired
£13,000 -£15,000pa dependant on qualification, experience and knowledge.
Round and Round the Gardens Childcare is a 40 place full day care setting in Pyrford, Surrey (near Woking). We are open from 8.00am – 6.00pm Monday to Friday and have a unique outdoors environment.
We enrol children from 12 month to 5 years and have 3 dedicated classrooms. Bumblebees – 1-2 years, Ladybirds 2-3 years and Dragonflies 3-5 years.
Our ethos and way of learning provides a range of experiences that stimulates a child's love of learning and natural discovery. With the right approach, children learn willingly and develop naturally.
It is hugely beneficial for children to have the opportunity to experience many different things, which is why they have exposure to different teaching methods and learning experiences.
Round and Round the Gardens offers children a holistic journey through 'traditional' nursery teaching, along with elements of the Montessori Approach, Heuristic Play and much more!
For most children, coming to Round and Round the Gardens is the first experience of 'life away from home' Therefore, it is important that children are allowed to develop socially, emotionally, physically and creatively, as well as 'academically'.
We have an 'open door' policy; offer three parents' evenings; hold evening talks, sports' days, farm visit, picnics and Christmas concerts. These are just some of the 'set' things we offer, however there are spontaneous opportunities throughout the year.
Here at Round and Round the Gardens, emphasis is put on each child developing at his/her own pace, with lots of appropriate encouragement, guidance and support from well qualified and experienced practitioners. Children are encouraged to work on a one to one basis, in small groups or individually, both indoors and outdoors. Children work on projects, explore and learn to co-operate and share with each other, make choices, learn how to 'be' in certain situations, make discoveries for themselves, take care of the environment and have FUN!
As a Nursery Practitioner you will be joining a professional, established, and friendly team. You can expect a nurturing and supportive environment, annual salary reviews, staff recognition schemes and up to date training.
To be considered for this position you will need to hold a full and relevant level 3 child care qualification, have good knowledge of the EYFS with an understanding of the recent changes and revised areas and key worker experience. You will need be friendly, hard working, reliable, honest and have a passion for childcare, as well as having a love for outside play.
Within the ethos, beliefs and values of the provision we expect you to provide visionary, purposeful, quality care and learning experiences for all children in a safe, appropriately stimulating, child-centred environment, promoting equal opportunities and inclusion, celebrating and embracing diversity.
Job Role & Responsibilities (this is not a full list) :
- Promote equal opportunities for all children, parents/carers, staff and visitors
- Provide quality care for all nursery users
- Maintain good relationship with parents; working in partnership at all times
- Participate in planning and implementing appropriate programmes of learning (i.e. Early Years Foundation Stage) and activities through play-based scenarios
- Maintain high standards of health and safety, reporting any concerns or issues to the manager/owner immediately
- To maintain children’s records appropriately and within the guidelines of The Early Years Foundation Stage.
- To be mindful with regard to child protection issues
- To ensure that time keeping it good
- To provide a happy, fun environment
- To help in the preparation of snacks and meals for the children and be involved in promoting healthy eating throughout the setting.
- To hold informal meetings with parents as required to discuss the progress of their child formally or informally
- To be flexible to meet the needs of the provision, adopting a calm, adaptable disposition
- To display a genuine enjoyment of the company of children
- To understand the need to attend workshops or training, in-house or otherwise to maintain professional standards and best working practice
- To be an excellent role model for children and other members of the Round and Round the Gardens Team
- To be mindful of Ofsted’s National Standards for Day Care as well as the 5 outcomes under The ‘Every Child Matters’ framework.
- To maintain an appropriate level of confidentiality with regard to all
- To work as part of a team, be a confident communicator and have good use of own initiative in this role.
- To take direction from your team leader and other members of the senior team.
- Must have a positive attitude towards outdoor play and willing to part take in outdoor play in all weathers, bringing appropriate clothing to enable them to do so.
- To have a sense of humour!
Because of the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. Therefore, it is essential in making your application you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are 'spent’ under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up, any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.
To apply, please click the "Apply now" button.