This job has now expired
Area (Regional) Manager
London and Surrey
Active Learning Childcare
Salary: £40,000 to £47,000 per annum
Hours: Full Time
At Active Learning we believe that helping a child to be confident, happy, healthy and adventurous is a key to their future success in making that transition into school life and beyond. Even though some nurseries offer a little taste of some dance or sport or music, our nursery revolves around it. Something like a Performing Arts School for little ones.
This however is not easy to provide and we need very special people to help us. We need highly enthusiastic, happy people on board to make this happen, people who are full of the joy of life and who will be infectious with their enthusiasm for what we are trying to achieve.
A superb opportunity has arisen for a highly experienced Area (Regional) Manager to take over from one of our most experienced team members and she’s a tough act to follow!! We are looking to recruit a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and inspiring individual who can lead, manage and support a lovely team of currently 8 Nursery Managers across London and with 2 sites in Surrey. This is a very key role within Active learning and strong previous Regional experience of this type will be a pre requisite.
The duties of a Area (Regional) Manager will include:
- To ensure effective operation and commercial success of all sites throu gh effective coaching and demonstration of good practice.
- To ensure continuous adherence to all company and legal requirements for the overall wellbeing of all children and staff
- To ensure all Nursery Managers are effective and efficient in utilisation of softw are, administrative and financial procedures and practice, and adhering to all related deadlines.
The key attributes of a Area (Regional ) Manager include:
- Excellent knowledge and experience in every aspect of managing large nursery sites and pre existing regional experience in a multi unit organisation (min 5 sites)
- Previous experience of managing a large Nursery (min 70 places)
- Strong sales skills and detailed knowledge of nursery management software systems
- Inspirational staff management and motivational skills
- To be highly organised with excellent time management capability and ability to switch tasks at short notice if required
- Ability to react quickly to issues arising at any time and to deal with them confidently, effectively and calmly
- Very strong administrative skills and ability to adhere to deadlines and ensure that all sites do too Integrity
Excellent career opportunities for the right candidates.
To apply to the Area (Regional) Manager vacancy, please submit a copy of your CV and covering letter by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button below.
This position requires the individual to be willing to obtain a CRB at enhanced level.
Active Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.