This job has now expired
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the strategic management team of a day nursery in Orsett Heath. The nursery is open 7am-7pm 50 weeks of the year, so you must be able to work all year round and be prepared to do 8 hour shifts within the nursery opening times. We offer very competitive rates of pay and additional benefits. This could lead to a permanent position in the nursery.
You will be required to :-
- Have the interpersonal skills to relate to a variety of audiences and impart knowledge to a highly qualified team.
- Offer clear guidance and ensure the senior practitioner is setting high standards and maintaining best practice at all times.
- Carry out supervision and performance reviews of all staff.
- Obtain the views of parents through parent forums, questionnaires etc and feed these into the development of the nursery.
- Step up into the manager’s position when required and carry out all duties competently.
- Drive quality by keeping up to date with research and sector changes.
- Help drive occupancy by marketing the nursery and be confident to discuss fee structure, and finance.
- Have the ability to use the computer system and generate powerpoints, excel spread sheets, word and store data.
- Have a sound knowledge of the EYFS and Child Development, plus the assessment and planning cycle.
- Have sound knowledge of Safeguarding policies and procedures and key legislation associated with childcare practice.
- Support the implementation of an effective Key Person Approach.
- Ensure staff maintain a safe and healthy environment for children and families.
- Support the application of consistent behaviour management strategies.
- Ensure every child, family and colleague matters by implementing inclusive practise and working in partnership.
You must hold a Childcare and Education qualification equivalent to NVQ Level 3 and have at least two years’ experience in similar position. A current First Aid certificate, Level 4 and above qualification in Childcare and experience of delivering - training would be desirable.
In line will safer recruitment procedures, this position requires an enhanced CRB check and references will be taken up prior to interviews.
Please send your CV as soon as possible by clicking Apply now and call Debbie or Susy on 01375 384 787 for more information.
WGDN is also recruiting for dynamic, Level 3 Practitioners - ideally with Forest School experience. Apply now.