This job is no longer available
NURSERY MANAGER – LONDON E1 – £25-40K (dependent on experience) + subsidised childcare
DreamMaker (www.mydreammaker.co.uk) is a 113-place private Nursery and Out of School Club in Tower Hill, London. We have been established since 1989, with the current owners taking over in 2003.
Our long-term vision is for DreamMaker to be run on a successful commercial basis to fund the setting up and running of at least one educational establishment for street children overseas.
DreamMaker consists of two large 2-storey buildings, separated by a Courtyard within the Royal Mint estate, based on a quiet residential street, 5 minutes’ walk from the business district.
The DreamMaker Team consists of 16 members of staff, the majority of whom are qualified, plus a full time Nursery Administrator, Vice Principal, Housekeeper and the Directors who all provide administrative, legal and operational support to the Principal (Manager).
You will be someone who is passionate about children, whose top priority will be that the DreamMaker children are well cared for, have fun at Nursery/ Out of School Club and are reaching their full potential.
You will be an inspiring leader, committed to motivating and developing your staff.
You will be professional, well-presented and confident enough to successfully promote and represent DreamMaker to parents/carers, regulatory bodies, charitable colleagues, corporate stakeholders and other early years professionals.
As a minimum, you will have:
- An early years NVQ Level 3 or above.
- At least 3 years’ leadership experience in a medium/large sized setting.
- Achieved ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ OFSTED inspections.
- In depth knowledge of the new EYFS, health and safety, equal opportunities, SENCO etc.
- Excellent organisational, management and communication skills.
- General oversight of our setting.
- Compliance with OFSTED and regulatory requirements.
- Maintenance of high standards of care and education for all age groups.
- Staff supervision and development.
- Working in partnership with parents/carers.
- Building strong relationships with the local community.
- Marketing our setting.
- Spearheading charitable projects.
- Controlling resources.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- A competitive salary.
- Heavily subsidised place(s) at DreamMaker for your own child(ren) aged 0-11 years.
- 4 working weeks’ annual leave, plus Bank/statutory holidays.
- Full time Administrative, HR, legal and operational support from the Management Team
- Career growth and unparalleled opportunities.
- A strong commitment to continuous professional development/training.
- A vibrant, warm and friendly working environment.
- Option of a four day week
At DreamMaker, we are committed to equal opportunities and value diversity and aim to have a workforce which reflects this. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
We are committed to safeguarding children, and all posts are subject to an enhanced CRB and reference check.
For more information please call Clyde on 07967370007 or click Apply now to apply with a covering letter plus CV, confirming current salary and explaining why you wish to work for us.