This job has now expired
Active Learning Childcare Nursery
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 p.a. (depending on qualifications and experience)
Hours: Full Time
At Active Learning we believe that helping a child to be confident, happy, healthy and adventurous is a key to their future success in making that transition into school life and beyond. Even though some nurseries offer a little taste of some dance or sport or music, our nursery revolves around it. A little like a Performing Arts School for little ones.
This however is not easy to provide and we need very special people to help us. We need highly enthusiastic, happy people on board to make this happen, people who are full of the joy of life and who will be infectious with their enthusiasm for what we are trying to achieve.
A superb opportunity has arisen for an experienced Nursery Manager to work at our brand new Jewish Nursery. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated individual who can bring unique skills and innovation to our nurseries.
As this is a Jewish Nursery, the successful candidate must be knowledgeable in Jewish culture.
The duties of a Nursery Manager will include:
- The daily operation and administration of the Nursery.
- Leading the Nursery Team in providing high quality childcare.
- Communicating with parents and other visitors with confidence.
- Management of the Nursery staff, conducting regular staff assessments, promoting teamwork, and individual development.
- Liaising with Head Office and supplying management information.
- Operation of management software.
- Ensuring commercial success of the Nursery.
The key attributes of a Nursery Manager include:
- Ability to demonstrate excellent staff management skills.
- An excellent understanding of child development and EYFS.
- Being qualified at NNEB/NVQ level 3 or equivalent in childcare.
- Having significant previous experience of working as a Nursery Manager.
- Strong administrative and organisational capability.
- Strong interpersonal skills and initiative to resolve issues quickly and calmly.
Excellent career opportunities for the right candidates.
To apply to the Nursery Manager vacancy, please submit a copy of your CV and covering letter by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
This position requires the individual to be willing to obtain a CRB at enhanced level.
Active Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.