Room Leader and Maternity cover for Deputy Manager
An opportunity has arisen for a Room Leader to run our Two to Fives room in a progressive setting in the heart of Suffolk. This Is a permanent position of 36 hours a week. Minimum qualifications of NVQ 3 or above.
· To regularly review, develop and monitor the curriculum and activities available to children to ensure that high standards of childcare are maintained.
· To provide for the safety and well-being of children taking account of their social, recreational and individual developmental needs and to keep appropriate records of evidence of this.
· To model good practice to staff and provide individual/group supervision of practitioners and any trainees.
· To attend courses and disseminate information from these to other staff.
· To identify staff training needs in consultation with the Management Team.
· To conform to policies, procedures and regulations.
· To work as part of a team to ensure appropriate delivery of the nurturing/recreational activities for the children attending.
· To be responsible for the line management of other staff in the room.
· To ensure that effective health and safety procedures are carried out in the room.
· Assessing, recording, reporting on the development, progress and attainment of children and providing support to other staff through this process.
· To promote positive relationships and interaction between all adults and children involved in the centre.
· To ensure parent/carers are well informed of their children's progress and are always welcome in the centre.
· To attend and participate in parent/staff meetings and other meetings as may be relevant. In all day groups these may sometimes be in the evening.
· Monitor children for the identification of possible special needs and discuss any concerns with the centre's nominated SENCO.
· To combat sex, race, class and religious discrimination and to demonstrate positive attitudes through practical application.
· To comply with all OFSTED requirements.
· To act appropriately in an emergency situation in ensuring that the safety and well-being of children is paramount at all times.
· To share the overall responsibility for the work of the centre and for it's smooth running.
· To provide a warm, caring environment for the children having regard for their individual needs.
· To encourage the active participation of all children
· To carry out any other occasional duties as requested by the manager.
An opportunity has arisen for a Deputy Manager to help support the running of a progressive setting in the heart of Suffolk. This Is a temporary position to cover maternity leave until Jan 2014. The position is 36 hours a week and a minimum qualifications of NVQ 3 or above is required.
· The post holder will have responsibility for all activities relating to the children, other members of staff, and to Child Care Centre premises, all of which contribute to the efficient running of the Child Care Centre.
· To work with the Nursery Manager to ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual education and care for children placed in the Nursery.
· To assist the Nursery Manager with their administrative duties and support all other personnel within the Nursery to ensure the Nursery has a strong, reliable and consistent team.
· To act as Manager in the absence of the Manager and effectively lead and manage all Nursery staff, students and voluntary workers, ensuring a good level of supervision and support with their day to day duties including training and development, individual supervision and discipline.
· He / she will ensure a safe environment for the children and adults in the Centre. including:
· He / she will provide care and education for under twelve s by:
o Deploying the time and skills of adults (both staff and volunteers) so as to offer each child the attention, stimulus and support, which will ensure opportunities for continuing and progression through play.
o Ensuring that all activities reflect positively the linguistic, religious and cultural diversity of the community.
o To supervise all staff on a day to day basis
o Update any staff training; ensure the staff are well equipped with knowledge of any changes within the key area of child development.
o To ensure nominated representatives access to appropriate training to their role; i.e SENCO, First Aid, Safeguarding.
· He / she will liaise with parents and social services as necessary
· He / she will implement the groups policy statement as provided by the committee
· He / she will be aware and help in the groups finances, including admin fees, bills, and staff payments.
· A level 3 or above qualification in childcare or early years education or equivalent.
· At least two years childcare experience.
· Knowledge of child development.
· Knowledge of early years learning.
· Ability to develop an early years curriculum or plans.
· Satisfactory health record.
· Experience of working in a team and exercising leadership.
· Ability to plan workloads and set priorities.
· Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment.
Good written and oral communication skills