This job has now expired
As the UK’s leading childcare charity and social enterprise, working for us can make a real difference to your career. If you have a passion for Early Years and are ready to work for an organisation committed to making a real difference to children, it's time you joined our team.
We are looking for:
A Nursery Manager with NVQ Level 4 or equivalent as a minimum, with at least 3 years management experience working in a group setting.
Your duties will include:
- Delivering excellent leadership and management.
- The implementation of the Early Years Foundation Stage to ensure high quality care and learning opportunities for all children.
- Managing interactions with other professionals and Nursery staff in support of children and families.
- Engaging in partnership with families and holding regular parent participation events.
- Managing and projecting occupancy.
- Staff development.
- Performance management of staff through appraisal process.
- Managing appropriate nursery budgets, monitoring spending and taking responsibility for all financial and administrative tasks e.g. fee and petty cash reconciliation; debt and fee collection and equipment inventory.
Talk to us and you'll soon discover:
- Competitive pay and conditions
- A supportive, considerate and value-led working environment
- The opportunity to make a real difference to children's lives and LEYF's future growth
- The chance to enhance your skills with our award winning staff training and development programme
Other benefits of working with LEYF include:
- 7% non-contributory pension scheme (after 3 months service)
- Enhanced annual leave, rising to 28 days after 5 years service
(plus bank holidays and 3 days additional leave at Christmas)
- Life assurance (3 times your annual salary)
- Confidential employee assistance programme (free confidential advice and support in managing your life and work)
- Great staff social events (inc. New Year Party and Summer Reception)
- Interest free travel loan
If this rewarding role sounds like the career opportunity that you have been looking for, then we would love to hear from you. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a Nursery Manager Selection Centre
For more information, please visit our website: www.leyf.org.uk
LEYF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS Disclosure.