- Contract Type
Location: London Prisons
Salary: £16,491 - £17,419 rising to £18,070 pro rata per annum plus London Weighting
Closing Date: 30 Apr 2017
Vacancy Number: As Below
Hours per week: 28
Spurgeons is one of the UK's leading children's charities, firmly supported by Christian beliefs and values, helping to support disadvantaged children and their families through delivering projects to support children, young people, their families and communities to find long-lasting solutions to the challenges they face.
We are passionate about the work we do and need equally committed members on our team to help us achieve those goals.
Pentonville 9 hours (Saturday 6hrs and Sunday 3 hrs) - Vacancy Number 1579
Belmarsh & Isis 20 hrs per week Including every Saturday - Vacancy Number 1575 Belmarsh & Isis 15 hrs per week Including every Saturday - Vacancy Number 1574
Wandsworth 21 hrs week including Saturdays & Sundays - Vacancy Number 1578 Wandsworth 12 hour post (Saturdays 6, Sundays 6) - Vacancy Number 1576
Brixton 6 hrs Saturdays - Vacancy Number 1573
Wormwood Scrubs 6 hrs Saturdays - Vacancy Number 1577
Feltham 9 hours (Saturday 6, Sunday 3) - Vacancy Number 1572
Spurgeons is contracted to deliver services in six London Prisons Visitors’ Centres with an emphasis on working towards positive outcomes for children and families.
We are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, imaginative individual experienced in working with children and families to join our teams who can demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills but most of all is able to show empathy when working with children.
The role will require you to plan and provide play activities within a Prison environment which will support children to feel comfortable, safe and secure while visiting their parent in prison through:
- Providing and promoting positive play experiences which supports child development within the Early Years Foundation Stages for children across all ages in the play area
- Supporting parents / carers in how they play with their children and promote opportunities for children to engage in an inclusive way during a visit or family day
- Ensure the welfare and well-being of all children to ensure they are safeguarded within all play and follow all safeguarding procedures
- Evidence and record impact of the play experience and other relevant activities
The minimum qualification required is an NVQ level 2 in child development or similar, plus Safeguarding experience when working with children. This post will:
- Be subject to Enhanced Barred DBS and Prison Security Vetting and clearance
- Require full compliance with prison rules and regulations
- Require a willingness to travel across a cluster of sites if necessary.
- Requires weekend and school holiday working
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people we serve. This post is subject to necessary safeguarding checks including an appropriate level DBS Disclosure.
Spurgeons is a Living Wage Employer
Please note if you do not hear from us within two weeks after the closing date we are afraid that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Please APPLY BELOW now where you will be redirected to the Spurgeon's Web Page