Shapes Day Nursery
Room Leader (Baby Room)
Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £18,000 – £22,000 per annum
Shapes Day Nursery has two sites: Reigate and Epsom We offer professional and high standards in care and education, in a warm, caring, learning environment in which children can learn, develop and discover new and exciting experiences.
We have two uniquely designed, renovated buildings with three main areas for preschool, nursery and toddler-aged children, as well as separate baby centres.
Staff benefits include generous holidays, free uniform, and opportunities for development and progression, as well as a competitive salary
- To work as part of the management team to provide professional leadership and support to the nursery team.
- To achieve positive working relationships with staff to enable them to feel supported in their roles.
- To ensure the nursery provides the best possible standards of care and education, ensuring that the environment is safe and secure and all the children are valued as individuals.
- To safeguard children ensuring excellent high quality childcare.
- Create and maintain a stimulating and attractive learning environment for the children ensuring that the individual needs and interest of children in the setting are met
- To act as key person to make observations, assessments and plan for each Childs achievements, making sure each Childs individual needs in our care are met.
- Implement and support others in delivering the EYFS in line with current practice and guidelines, ensuring the individual needs and interests of the children in our care are met
- To lead observations and the assessment of children’s learning and development ensuring records are kept up-to-date, are of a high standard and are shared effectively- including Individual Support Plans for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Develop open and positive working relationships with staff, liaise with other Room Leaders to provide smooth transition for children
- Supervise, direct, support and motivate the staff team.
- To be professional and a good role model to the children and other staff members at all times
- To provide effective leadership of the nursery team, to undertake regular performance reviews,1:1 staff supervision and team meetings as required by the Nursery Manager
- Previous experience of childcare in a nursery setting with age groups 3 months to 5 years
- Level 3 early years’ education and childcare qualification or equivalent
- Experience in leading a team/room as a room leader or an experienced nursery nurse/deputy room leader who wants to take the next step in leading and supporting a team
- be motivated and be able to motivate and support the children and other team members and have strong organisational skills.
- Sound knowledge of child development for children from birth to five years.
- Knowledge of The Early Years Foundation Stage
Please submit your CV below now!