Portage Home Visitor
Job Title: Portage Home Visitor G6 £24,990 - £26,538
Location: The office is based at Alexandra Avenue Health and Social Care Centre, South Harrow HA2 9DX
Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough by area and one of the most culturally diver local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit.
This is a great opportunity for a Portage Home Visitor to support the development of children from birth to 5 years, who have a range of developmental needs, by working with parents/carers in their home to support their understanding of their child’s needs and how to help them progress.
The post holder will report into the Principal Educational Psychologist and the Senior Educational Psychologist and join the Special Needs Services team to help facilitate the child’s transition into an early year’s placement.
In addition, the post holder will identify and set up appropriate Portage groups, based on the needs of the children requiring Portage home visiting.
To be successful in this role you would need to have the below skills and experience
- Have an NNEB, NVQ3 or equivalent as a minimal qualification and either have successfully completed the Portage Home Visitor training or be prepared to undertake it while in the role.
- Knowledge of Development Matters in the Early Years Foundations Stage, (EYFS).
- Knowledge of the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice 0-25 and the Children and Families Act and current Department for Education proposals for education.
- Knowledge of child development, including knowledge of working with children with additional needs.
- Knowledge of how to adapt tasks to meet the needs of the child.
- Knowledge of behaviour management and what behaviour means.
- Experience of working with young children and their parents / carers with a range of additional needs, such as, global developmental delay, autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome and other syndromes.
- Visiting people within their own home and how to work with families from a range of cultural backgrounds.
- Accurate and retrieval recording of visits made.
If you would like to apply for this role please follow the link on this job board.
For additional information please refer to the Role Profile/Selection Criteria.
HARROW REDEPLOYEES WILL BE GIVEN PRIORITY CONSIDERATION