1 day left
- Contract Type
Knaphill Lower School - Nursery Teacher
Required from September 2017
Full time Temporary for 1 year with a view to Permanent.
The children, staff and governors of the Knaphill Federation of Schools are looking to appoint an inspirational Nursery Teacher to join our highly motivated Early Years Team, consisting of three classes and a large nursery class. Ideally you will have had experience of working in a Children's Centre and/or Nursery School and will have an excellent knowledge of current developments in the early years. You will also have a commitment to developing the best possible provision that will give our children and their families the opportunities that they deserve. Knaphill Lower School is federated with Knaphill Junior School, so there may be further opportunities in the future for other posts across the Federation.
This position is for Temporary for 1 year with a view to Permanent in line with the Teachers School Pay and Conditions 2016.
You will need to:
- be an excellent energetic and focused classroom practitioner
- be confident in the delivery of EYFS curriculum
- be a professional who inspires children, including them as active learners
- have the ability to work proactively, using set objectives to plan and deliver activities to enable pupils to attain age related expectations and to exceed these in some instances
- understand how children learn and recognise the abilities of different groups of pupils including the more able and vulnerable groups of children
- be calm, caring and supportive of the inclusive ethos of our school
- have high expectations for standards of achievement, progress and behaviour
- be an effective team member/leader, organised, hardworking and flexible
- have a passion for teaching and the ability to inspire and motivate
- be an excellent role model
- effectively mark pupil work, using feedback and assessment tools where appropriate to ensure progress
- be a good communicator and able to develop positive relationships with staff and children
- work well as part of a team, demonstrating empathy, focus and commitment
In return we can offer:
- a friendly, supportive and highly-motivated team
- enthusiastic, well-behaved children who are keen to learn
- training and support to help you continue developing and improve your practise
Salary is Main Scale or UPS depending upon experience.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
The Knaphill Federation of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records at an enhanced level. Knaphill Lower and Knaphill Junior are equal opportunities employers.
Applicants should state their curriculum strengths and interests. Visits are warmly welcomed. Further details and application forms are available from Mrs Denise Parker, Federation Business Manager, Knaphill Lower School, Chobham Road, Surrey, GU21 2SX. Telephone 01483 473282 (Mon, Weds, Friday) / 01483 888899 (Tuesday & Thursday)
Please e-mail applications to email@example.com