Senior Early Years Practitioners
We are searching for the very best qualified Senior Early Years Practitioners for our nursery in Stoke Newington
Desired qualifications, experience & knowledge
Absolute minimum level 3 in childcare
BA hons in Early Childhood Studies, QTS, Pre Primary Education or similar/ equivalent
Paediatric First Aid (desired but not essential)
Safeguarding and Child Protection (desired but not essential)
Solid experience as an Early Years Practitioner or Senior Practitioner within a good or outstanding nursery.
Strong knowledge of British Values, the EYFS and Safeguarding
Team player- we are a friendly welcome nursery and feel passionate about building a kind friendly team that respects one another.
Salary - Negotiable - Experience dependent, we believe in rewarding all employees with a competitive salary & package.
Job Description Senior Early Years Practitioner
Here are the main duties expected of the Senior Early Years Practitioner. Please note that this description is a basic outline and that additional requests may be made from time to time.
- To know and understand all Nursery Policies
- To know and understand the EYFS
- To know & understand British Values and incorporate them successfully into planning and daily nursery life
- To Safeguard all children
- To plan age & stage appropriate activities that challenge & engage children
- To observe children & plan appropriate next steps to an outstanding standard. To support less experienced team members to reach a consistently high standard across the room within observations and planning
- To be punctual and willing to do overtime when required.
- To lead by example, role modelling best practice at all times, and support less experienced team members
- To be well-presented at all times & adhere to the uniform policy.
- To self-evaluate and keep improving
- To work as part of a team
- To use initiative
- To devise a settling-in format for all new parents/children
- To liaise closely with the manager in implementing all Nursery Policies
- To create engaging, inspiring, welcoming environments
- To liaise closely with parents and to update them daily on their child's progress showing the highest levels of customer service.
- To organise regular updating of daily diaries by all staff members
- To organise staff into routines of nappy changing
- To introduce all new staff members into the room's routine and procedures
- To ensure that ratios are adhered to at all times
- To ensure the room(s) are clean and tidy at all times
- To keep regular development records on each child as per the manager's format
- To support the manager in her daily role
Apply for Senior Early Years Practitioners
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly