Music Teacher (full time or Term Time only)
An amazing Nursery school in South West London is seeking an experienced music teacher to work either full time or term time only.
As the setting's music teacher you will be responsible for creating a Nursery classroom environment to develop an appreciation of the art of music as part of general culture; to teach techniques of vocal or instrumental music expression; to support the EYFS curriculum and the setting's unique educational curriculum.
You will be an experienced music teacher or music professional qualified to degree level in a relevant musical subject matter, you will have good understanding of the Dalcroze Eurhythmic method and the Kodaly Concept of musical education and, where possible, use these in the planning and delivery of music lessons.
The musical teaching offered by the Nursery will be weighted towards Classical Music but also cover Jazz and New World and you will be responsible for devising and delivering vibrant, engaging and informative activities/lessons within these repertories. The music curriculum will favour an accomplished pianist with the ability to play at grade 8 standard.
You will oversee the learning, development and attainment of the children's progress within the subject matter and have the capacity to advise, lead and advise other colleagues to ensure a holistic and individual approach to the children's learning.
You will work closely with leaders and other subject teachers to monitor the education systems and programmes offered within the Nursery.
You will have the following qualifications/experience:
* A Recognised Degree in a relevant musical subject matter.
* Experience in caring for young children aged 0-5 years.
* The ability to manage a group of children.
* A good understanding of the Dalcroze Eurythmic Method and the Kodaly Concept.
* Experience and ability to plan age appropriate music activities covering Classical Music as well as Jazz and New World.
* Experience is assessing children's development and planning activities to support their on-going attainment and growth.
* The ability to work within a multi-subject team.
Excellent rates of pay, bonuses and benefits with on-going support and career development
All applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS
We believe that we can only be as successful as our employees. That is why we invest 100% in each and every member of our team.
PLEASE SEND YOUR CV TO APPLY TO FOR THIS POSITION
Apply for Music Teacher (full time or Term Time only)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly