Job Title: Nursery Nurse
Hours p/w: 37 Term Time only (39 weeks)
Salary: £18,746 – £ 20,138 pro rata
Location: Milton Keynes
Closing Date: 27/08/2017
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play and how better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.
The Rowans Day Nursery are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated individuals to join their team, which is located within one of our family centres in Milton Keynes. As part of Milton Keynes Council’s Nursery Provision, provide high quality care and education that meets the needs of children under the age of 5 using the nursery facility and their families. All of these posts are subject to safer recruitment practices.
- To assist in the day to day domestic duties of the nursery
- Observe, plan, prepare, implement and evaluate the work and activities of the children.
- Reporting children’s progression to parents on a daily basis and designated parent’s evenings.
- Responsibility to adhere to appropriate standards of safety, security, hygiene and welfare requirements in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum.
- Key Person to a group of children.
- Attend staff meetings and keep up to date with new policies and procedures.
Experience, Qualifications, Skills Required and any Mandatory Requirements
- NVQ Level 3 Qualification or Equivalent Qualification in Childcare.
- Experience in providing quality learning experiences to young children.
- Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation stage curriculum.
- Understanding of safeguarding and health and safety procedures.
- Experience in supporting families.
Departmental Benefits of this role
- Career Progression Opportunities
- Comprehensive training programme
Milton Keynes Council Benefits
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Option to buy more annual leave
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
- Flexibility – with full time, part time and term time working options
- Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
To apply, please fill in our digital application form on the Milton Keynes Council Careers website https://goo.gl/SrvVQv via the Apply button below.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 28 August 2017
Interview Date Tuesday 19th September 2017
We at Milton Keynes Council take great pride in our city and we hope that it’s you that can help us grow and share our vision.