4 days left
- Contract Type
Nursery Nurse – Great Gransden (SG19)
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY IN LIVELY DAY NURSERY
Working alongside the current staff as part of a small team to ensure the smooth running of the nursery. Setting up activities and planning for the children. Have a key group of children who you will carry out observations on and compile a file for each. Liase with parents as partners. Be willing to carry out courses as necessary to keep up with legislation and abide by the rules set out by Ofsted
As an Early Years Practitioner, you will work as part of a team, good communication skills are essential as well as having a willing attitude towards working with others.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Key person for a small group of children.
- Developing strong bonds with the children and their families.
- Completing individual observations, assessment, and planning for your key group, in line with the EYFS and Development Matters.
- Taking part in Parent’s evenings and creating strong parent partnerships to support the children and families.
- Working as part of the preschool team to discuss the needs of all children, identify individual needs, and promote best practice.
- Attending staff meetings and training for personal and professional development.
- Being aware of hazards throughout the day and acting to alleviate them e.g. mopping up spilt water, helping children put away resources they are no longer using.
- Being ready, willing, and positive in taking part in all areas of learning and development to ensure the children are given the best possible start in their Early Years.
You will need to have the following qualifications, training, and experience:
- NNEB, CACHE Level 3, NVQ Level 3 in childcare or equivalent
- Experience of working with children birth -5 years
- Sound knowledge of the legal requirements and guidance on health and safety, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the implications for early years’ settings
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety legislation
- Knowledge of OFSTED standards
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of equal opportunities / SENCO etc.
Wages depending on Qualification Level and experience
All applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS.
A&C Recruitment Ltd currently specialise in searching and resourcing within the Child care sector. The business was set up to help our clients avoid high recruitment fees and instead charge affordable one-off payments to undertake the necessary advertising and candidate searches.
We have a team of experienced account managers, who oversee the day to day running of a client’s account, by sending them updates on potential candidates that have been sourced through our recruitment team’s searches, or applications to adverts we post online.
If you would like to know more, or are applying for a job through us. Please do not hesitate to contact A&C Recruitment on 01775 729321 and quote ref AC1461 and ask for Lucy
Apply for Nursery Nurse
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly