First Step Daycare Nursery
Role: Nursery Manager
Salary: Up to £31,200
First Step Daycare Nursery is looking for a motivated and inspiring Nursery Manager for a vacancy opening at either of our nursery settings at Plumstead, London SE18 7AN (opposite Plumstead Train station) or 52 Deptford Broadway. SE8 4PH.
Our Nursery offers high quality full day care and early education for over 70 children from 3 months to 5 years. We always strive to deliver outstanding care and education with a commitment to continuously reflect and improve our practice as well as endeavour to support children in the community where we live and work.
The Nursery Manager will oversee the day to day management, staffing, organisation and smooth running of the Nursery whilst adhering to the highest standards, ensuring that the best possible environment and care are provided for young children.
We are seeking an exceptional, highly-motivated and dedicated child-centred practitioner to manage and lead our nursery with a committed staff team. You are required to have strong people management skills with the ability to develop excellent working relationships. You will have the ability to lead and manage a team to deliver an exceptional standard. The successful candidate will be required to be qualified to degree level or at least NVQ Level 3 in Childcare with experience of managing a large day care Nursery.
Responsibilities – the ideal candidate will:
- Be responsible at all times for high standards of care and education of children between 3 months to five years in accordance with statutory requirements;
- Ensure the EYFS curriculum is promoted and delivered within the setting and the principles adhered to;
- Ensure effective communication between the staff, management, directors and all partner organisations;
- Ensure all policies & procedures of the nursery and relevant curriculum are implemented and adhered to at all times;
- Seek to achieve and maintain high standards of care and education
- Provide stability and order among staff; and maintain equipment and resources of the Nursery;
- Be accountable and responsible for day to day financial systems directly relating to the nursery provision including budgets and occupancy levels in liaison with the Accounts department;
- Be responsible for admissions in line with the admissions policy agreed by the management team;
- Keep a register and up-to-date records of all children attending the nursery and to give regular feedback to parents/guardians about their child’s/ward’s development and progress;
- Effectively lead and manage the staff team including recruitment and retention, providing day to day guidance, training and support to all staff.
To achieve the aforementioned, the manager should possess the following skills, qualifications, training and experience:
* NNEB, CACHE level 3, NVQ level 3 or equivalent
* Excellent knowledge of health and safety legislation
* Excellent knowledge of OFSTED standards
* Excellent knowledge of the EYFS curriculum
* Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
* Good time management skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong people management skills
* Knowledge and understanding of equal opportunities/SENCO etc.
* Previous relevant supervisory experience.
The candidate must work in accordance with the Nursery policies about Keeping Children Safe, Equal Opportunities, Data Protection and Confidentiality.
The Nursery Manager will need to understand and implement For Under Fives policies and procedures (for example for Health and Safety) in relation to staff, buildings and resources.
You will have a genuine enthusiasm for training and development of people and the ability to develop excellent working relationships.
All our employees must undergo an enhanced DBS check, we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children in our care. We will ensure that safeguarding is of paramount concern to all employees and as a business we adopt and adhere to safe recruitment practices.
In return, we offer a competitive salary (£25,000 – 31,200) per annum depending on experience along with continuing professional development opportunities and training.
Please send your CV along with a cover letter
by Applying Below Now
Alternatively you can contact Raph on 07886652867
The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not restrictive and the post holder may be required to undertake any other duties which may be required from time to time.
VACANCIES ALSO EXIST FOR: ROOM LEADERS AND NURSERY NURSES WITH CHILDCARE QUALIFICATION OF NVQ LEVEL 2 AND 3 WITH EXTENSIVE WORK EXPERIENCE.
Apply for Nursery Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly