Early Years Practitioner
By doing what’s right, doing what’s needed, and doing what works for children.
Early Years Practitioner
Kensington and Chelsea
40 hours per week
£18,983 to £21,013 (inclusive of inner London weighting) per annum
How we work:
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works for children in the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 370,000 children, young people and families.
Our 4 day nurseries in Kensington and Chelsea are recruiting for Early Years Practitioners. Clare Gardens and St Quintin Day Nurseries are based in North Kensington and Violet Melchett and Cheyne Day Nurseries are based in Chelsea. All centres are looking for energetic, passionate staff that are committed to providing the best care and education for children Under 5. We are looking forward to new practitioners joining our teams that bring with them a genuine knowledge and experience of childcare and a new and interesting ways of delivering the curriculum. In return, you will have access to a supportive learning environment and the opportunity to work alongside experienced team members that deliver the highest quality care.
Action for Children Developments Limited (company number 06842765), a trading company of Action for Children the Charity.
How you’ll make a difference:
By working with the children and ensuring, they are correctly supervised, that ratios are met and that the nursery environment is safe and appropriate for their needs.
By offering a range of stimulating activities for the children and making sure that these are well planned, safe and engaging
By providing learning opportunities for individual or groups of children, these will be engaging, fun and informative. They will ensure that the children make excellent progress and meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage
By building strong relationships with parents/carers, families and professionals involved with the children and working in partnership with them
By meeting each of the children’s individual needs, acting as their key person and ensuring that all records are kept accurately and communication with parents/carers is done regularly and effectively
By thoroughly enjoying your role and making every day count for the children in our care
What you’ll need:
- Level 2 or 3 Early Years and Childcare Qualification e.g. NNEB, CACHE, NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education
- Experience of working in an Early Years childcare setting or a setting working with children aged 0-5 years
- Full current understanding and knowledge of children’s emotional, physical, psychological and educational developmental needs from 0 to 5 years.
- At Action for Children, we use digital systems to record our work, we require our staff to be confident in using various IT packages for recording and monitoring. Full training on our systems is provided.
- Paediatric First Aid Qualification
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- If you do not hold these qualifications but have the essential requirements, please still apply, as full training will be provided.
To apply, please visit the website by clicking APPLY NOW
How we reward you:
One role. Many rewards.
- 25 days annual leave plus national bank holidays
- Discounts at major high street retailers
- Company Pension Scheme
Find out about our benefit package on our website.
Closing date: 5 September 2017.
Action for Children exists to make children’s lives better: now, tomorrow and every day
Committed to quality, equality and valuing diversity, we welcome applications that reflect the cultural diversity of the communities within which we work. Registered charity no. 1097940. Company no. 4764232. Charity registered in Scotland SC038092.