Kingston upon Thames
Active Learning Childcare Nursery
Salary: £22,000.00 - £28,000.00 p.a. (depending on qualifications and experience)
Hours: Full Time
At Active Learning we believe that helping a child to be confident, happy, healthy and adventurous is a key to their future success in making that transition into school life and beyond. Even though some nurseries offer a little taste of some dance or sport or music, our nursery revolves around it. A little like a Performing Arts School for little ones.
This however is not easy to provide and we need very special people to help us. We need highly enthusiastic, happy people on board to make this happen, people who are full of the joy of life and who will be infectious with their enthusiasm for what we are trying to achieve.
A superb opportunity has arisen for an experienced Deputy Manager to work in one of our London settings. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated individual who can bring unique skills and innovation to our nurseries. This role will be supernumerary and will be suited to someone who is currently a Manager of a small Nursery looking to join a larger setting or a Deputy Manager looking to take the next step in their career progression.
The duties of a Deputy Manager will include:
- Supporting the Nursery Manager in the daily running and administration of the Nursery and being able to do so effectively in their absence.
- Helping to lead the Nursery Team in providing high quality childcare.
- Communicating with parents and other visitors in a calm, friendly and efficient manner.
The key attributes of a Deputy Manager include:
- Having excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Having an excellent understanding of child development and EYFS.
- Being qualified at NVQ level 3 or equivalent in childcare.
- Previous experience of being a Deputy Manager.
- Experience of leading and supporting teams.
Excellent career opportunities for the right candidates.
To apply to the Deputy Manager vacancy, please submit a copy of your CV and covering letter by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
This position requires the individual to be willing to obtain a check with the Disclosre and Barring Service (DBS) (formerly CRB)
Active Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.