An amazing Children's Day Nursery in Raynes park is seeking an experienced Nursery Chef to join their team.
You will be an experienced cook/chef with the skill and ability to plan, prepare and cook delicious home cooked meals for children aged 5 and under.
The Nursery Chef will have experience in managing dietary requirements and managing the food safety systems of a fully functioning professional kitchen, a proven track record in Food Hygiene Inspections is highly advantageous.
As Nursery Chef you will support the management of the nursery in planning the menu cycles and ordering produce.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
* Plan, prepare and cook nutritious, home cooked meals for children under the age of five years, including young babies who are weaning.
* Manage and maintain the nursery kitchen environment to ensure hygiene standards.
* Support the management team in seasonal menu planning.
* To champion healthy eating.
* To be involved in the purchase and procurement of food and equipment.
You will need to have the following qualifications, training and experience:
* Ideally qualified to NVQ 2 or 3 in Catering and Food Safety Management.
* Experience in a professional kitchen environment.
* Knowledge and experience in planning, preparing and cooking nutritious meals.
* Knowledge and understanding of child led weaning.
* A thorough understanding of allergy management.
* A working understanding of Food Hygiene & Safety, ideally qualified to Level 2.
* A working understanding of the Safer Food Better Business management systems.
We believe that we can only be as successful as our employees. That is why we invest 100% in each and every member of our team.
PLEASE SEND YOUR CV TO APPLY TO FOR THIS POSITION