Deputy Nursery Manager
A fantastic Nursery in Shenley, Hertfordshire is seeking a Deputy Nursery Manager.
The Nursery is a large purpose built setting close to local amenities and offers care and education to children aged 0-5 years.
The Deputy Nursery Manager will support the Nursery Manager with the day to day operational management of this busy setting, and as such you will be a dynamic leader who can maximise the talent and experience of a strong Nursery team.
You will possess the ability to progressively lead the team towards attaining outstanding care and education and support the team with ongoing training, development and support. You will have a proven track record in attaining Good or Outstanding OFSTED results under your direct management.
You will support the Nursery Manager with aspects of HR functions of the Nursery setting, from recruitment, and induction through to ongoing leadership and management including supervision, training, development and performance management.
As part of the Nursery's senior team you will work alongside the Manager, and Group Support Teams to ensure the setting is a commercially successful Nursery business, ensuring that the setting is effectively marketed and promoted to attract clients to ensure continuous occupancy growth.
You will be an experienced Early Years Leader, qualified to at least Level 3 in Childcare and Education. The role offers amazing career development and training opportunities, with ongoing support and guidance from a dedicated training academy.
Some of your responsibilities as Deputy Nursery Manager will include:
* To support the Nursery Manager to achieve and maintain high standards of care and education
* To effectively lead and manage the staff team including recruitment and retention, providing day to day guidance, training and support to all staff.
* To ensure all policies, procedures and curriculums are implemented and adhered to at all times
* To keep abreast of current early childhood thinking/trends
* To support the Manager in effectively managing the budgets and occupancy levels
* To support the implementation of an effective parent liaison programme, to be influential in developing strong links with parents
* To support the Nursery Manager to manage all day to day operations of the nursery including sale and marketing, HR, quality and health and safety.
You will need to have the following qualifications, training and experience:
* NNEB, CACHE Level 3, NVQ Level 3
* Excellent knowledge of health and safety legislation
* Knowledge of OFSTED standards
* Excellent knowledge of the EYFS
* Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
* Good time management skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong people management skills
* Knowledge and understand of equal opportunities / SENCO etc.
* Previous relevant supervisory experience.
* Excellent business acumen and the ability to successfully plan for, and manage the commercial success of the setting.
Excellent rates of pay, bonuses and benefits with on-going support and career development.
All applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS
We believe that we can only be as successful as our employees. That is why we invest 100% in each and every member of our team. For more information please contact us or send us your CV to be considered for the position.
PLEASE SEND YOUR CV TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION