Pre School Room Leader - QTS EYTT
We are recruiting for a dynamic and professional Pre-School Room Leader with QTS / EYTT or equivalent to teach and lead our preschool class. You will be an inspiring leader with excellent skills in working with and leading a strong and enthusiastic team. You will be based at our fantastic purpose-built Children’s Nursery in Stanmore. The role is an ideal opportunity to join a growing organisation at an exciting time.
The Nursery is the 4th in an expanding group, following the considerable success of the company’s first three Nurseries in North West London and Watford. The new purpose-built setting is located in Stanmore Place which is situated within beautifully designed surroundings. This is an ideal location with great links to local public transport. We are situated a stone’s throw away from the Jubilee line or a short walk to the Northern line. There are multiple bus routes that pass the nursery and in addition we have parking bays if required.
The nursery is designed to the highest specification and will be a unique and exciting nursery to work in with state of the art resources and modern interactive LCD computer screens and technology, giving you all the tools that you need to teach and lead the children to reach their full potential. The nursery is a bright and blissful place to be which is accompanied by natural objects and resources which makes it a one of a kind nursery.
You will have a unique opportunity to work with our Learning Co-ordinator in executing the BLS learning programmes to the highest standard, providing outstanding care and education in the preparation for school, building exceptional partnerships with parents and children and staff. You will have to be able to identify clear teaching objectives and learning outcomes, you will lead the team to organise and manage groups or individuals of Pre-school children ensuring differentiation of learning needs, reflecting all abilities and teaching all relative subjects, in accordance with the EYFS and BLS learning programme.
The successful candidate must be able to observe, plan and track children’s learning and development effectively. To show good time management skills when completing learning journals and completing daily reports. All staff need to be able to show good grammar and use good pronunciation when speaking to parents and other members of team or external agencies.
Education is a natural process carried out by the child and we are looking for someone that can care for, nurture and love the children at this special time in their lives. If you would like to work for a nursery that strives to provide the highest quality care and education and really want to make a difference then apply now.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- To achieve and maintain high standards of care and education
- To provide high quality teaching which is adapted to the individual child
- Providing day to day guidance, training and support to all staff in your room.
- To ensure all policies, procedures and curriculums are implemented and adhered to at all times
- To be influential in developing strong links with parents
- To manage all day to day operations of the nursery in the Preschool room.
- Assume responsibility for the children and their well-being at all times
You will need to have the following qualifications, training and experience:
- Being passionate about preschool education and empowering our children to reach their maximum potential.
- QTS, EYTT or equivalent qualification, preferably to also have completed their L3 in childcare.
- Excellent knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Knowledge of OFSTED standards and inspection framework
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Good time management skills
- Excellent language and communication skills
- Strong people management skills
- Knowledge and understand of equal opportunities / SENCO etc.
- Previous relevant supervisory experience
- Previous experience with working with children between 30-60 months.
Bright Little Stars Benefits
Up to 10% discretionary bonus per year
Excellent rates of pay
32 days holiday plus 8 bank holiday which increases with service
One annual leave bonus day a year.
Free lunches on site
Free Uniform provided
Three days onsite training during inset days
Employee assistance programme
Salary sacrifice scheme for parental staff
Support for completing higher level qualifications
One planning day per week
On site designated parking space
All applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS