Youth Staff with Carnival Cruise Line
Love working with children and young adults? Want to travel the world? Looking for a new adventure
This might be the job for you!
You would be working in the kids’ club section of the ship as a member of Youth Staff providing safe, fun filled and age appropriate activities for children aged between 2-5 (the Penguins), 6-8 (the Stingrays), 9-11 (the Sharks), 12-17 (Club O2) years old. Providing the most fun and memorable vacations to the younger guests!
- Join in and organise activities with the children and young adults whilst ensuring their safety!
- Greet, interact and relay information to all parents/guardians in a professional, patient, upbeat manner.
- Ensuring friendly, jovial and positive attitude with children and parents at all times.
- Keeping up the children’s hygiene level by consistently tending to their needs. (Example: Diapering, washing hands, wiping nose, etc.)
- Ensure the playroom is cleaned & organised as per standards established at the end of each shift.
- Be knowledgeable about the Carnival brand and the ship that you are on so that you can inform the guests on any questions they may have.
- Follow Carnival Cruise Line’s Policies and Procedures whether it be their guest policy or their health and safety policy!
- Attend any safety training or seminars requested by Carnival Cruise Line for the guests’ and your own safety!
- All new Camp Carnival Staff must successfully complete the 3 month Training program conducted by the Assistant Youth Director / Youth Director.
- Must be 21 and over
- Childcare qualification or equivalent i.e. Special Needs Worker
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in one of the following fields:
- At Camps as Camp Counsellor's (Summer Camps/Sport Camps/Special Needs Camps)
- YMCA or other after school programs
- Leading large groups of children (Sport Coaches/Camp Counsellor)
- Any Professional child care setting
- Competitive salary (£1,600).
- Wake up in a new destination every day and travel the world.
- All food and accommodation costs included.
- Take your first career steps in the travel and tourism industry
- Form a worldwide network of lifelong friends.