A well-established Outstanding Nursery School in Islington is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and self-motivated Nursery Practitioner to work with a friendly team of child carers.
Hours of Work: 8 hours per day on variable shift basis, Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.30am – 7pm. Total of 40 hours p/w.
Attractive holiday package is offered including additional holiday allowance for long service. The organization also offers to all employees: free daily breakfast, contribution into a pension scheme, access to travel loan facility, excellent pay and reward scheme, and Learning and Development opportunities.
- Completion of a recognized Childcare qualification Level 2, 3 or above, e.g. Level 2 or 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce, NVQ Level 2, 3 or above in Children’s Care, Learning and Development – or be working towards completion.
- First Aid training is desirable. Training will be provided if not held.
Purpose of role
- To be responsible for the planning and delivery of an inclusive curriculum suitable to meet the children’s individual needs.
- To ensure a high standard of care and education for the children.
- To give support to other personnel within their team and the Nursery School.
- To implement the Early Years Foundation Stage and ensure all the children’s individual needs are met and all areas of development are encouraged through play.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the EYFS is essential
- Knowledge of Ofsted guidelines and Welfare requirements is essential
- A detailed understanding of Safeguarding and Child Protection is essential
- Relevant experience of caring after age range 0 to 5 years will be an advantage
- Knowledge of the key person systems and record keeping will be an advantage
- Ability to build positive relationships with children and families
- Ability to communicate and work in partnership with families and carers
- Strong teamwork and collaboration qualities
- Good written and verbal skills for report writing, maintaining child records and providing feedback to parents/carers and colleagues