Qualified Childcare Nanny
We have gained a great reputation within the industry for looking after our staff and treating our teams with respect. Working a winter season is demanding but extremely good fun and provides a fantastic life-experience to look back upon. We expect high standards from our teams and the individuals working in our resorts. For those who are dedicated and enthusiastic about working with Family Ski Company this winter there are great employment opportunities and rewards.
Childcare Nannies work alongside the Activity Leaders on a rota basis with a focus on care of the youngest members of our childcare clubs. Children’s ages range from 3 months to 12 years. Each resort has its own well-equipped crèche, and Nannies are expected to contribute to the design of the weekly activity time table as well as maintain the safety, hygiene and standards of the crèche spaces.
Who do we look for?
Friendly, warm and welcoming, our Childcare Nannies are enthusiastic, creative and dedicated to giving every child the best possible holiday. You are a team player who strives to achieve a safe environment and professional service. You are comfortable working within a larger hospitality team and sharing the hospitality goals of the company whilst excelling in your area.
Requirements and Preferences
You will hold one or more of the following qualifications or their equivalent:
- Level three NVQ in Early Years Care and Education,
- NNEB Diploma in Nursery Nursing
- CACHE Level three Diploma – Childcare and Education (DCE) / Certificate in Professional Development in work with children and young people.
Experience of employment in high quality Childcare settings and some in a hospitality setting is preferred.
It is required that you hold a UK National Insurance number, UK bank account, and an EU passport.
Due to the nature of our business all employees must hold a recent DBS enhanced disclosure and certificate – we can assist with this processes.
*Disclosure and Barring Service
We provide a full two-week training and setup period as well as first aid training and level 2 hygiene to every member of our team.
Family Ski Company provide their resort teams with an excellent employment package
We offer a very competitive wage as well as:
- Transport to and from the UK at the beginning and at the end of the season.
- A full season lift pass
- Insurance that covers skiing accidents and emergency medical cover
- Ski equipment for the full season
- Accommodation (We have double rooms for couples) and all food.
- One and a half days off per week (this is more than the standard single day most companies offer as well as staggered shifts allowing for skiing around work duties)
We have an excellent reputation in the industry for treating our teams very well and with great respect