St Mary’s Pre-school is a small, friendly, long-established Pre-school in the heart of Marlow Bottom.
We are looking for a dynamic, forward thinking Supervisor who is willing to embrace recent and continuing changes and challenges in Pre-School provision, taking the Pre-School into its next 50 years. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to expand their skill set and work with our enthusiastic team to develop our existing provision.
Role: Pre-school Supervisor
Responsible to: Management Committee
Responsible for: Pre-school staff and children
Salary: Negotiable – depending on skills and experience
Purpose of job: To provide safe, high quality education and care for young children; to fulfil legal and statutory requirements; to supervise staff on a day to day basis; to contribute to and implement pre-school policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To oversee the continued implementation of the EYFS
- Be responsible for drawing up long term, medium term, and sessional curriculum plans which ensure that each child is working towards desirable learning outcomes; to monitor the effectiveness of the pre-school curriculum. Session plans are developed with the support of the rest of the staff team.
- Annually review, in conjunction with the parent management committee, the development plan for the setting and support projects on the plan as appropriate.
- Be responsible for providing high quality teaching, ensuring that staff are properly deployed and offer appropriate stimulation and support to the children
- Be responsible for maintaining systems of observation and record keeping so that the child’s attainment and progress is regularly assessed; to monitor the effectiveness of assessment procedures
- Contribute to and implement all pre-school policies and procedures and ensure they are regularly updated
- To liaise with the committee about the daily programme of pre-school activities
- To manage and organize staff on a daily basis.
- Organize the staff termly and yearly rota.
- Organize the keyperson system
- 1:1 staff meetings to be held every half term
- Conduct staff appraisals and assist in staff recruitment.
- Recognize training needs and/or deliver in-house training.
- Ensure records are properly maintained e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book,
- Liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the pre-school and curriculum, exchanging information about the children’s progress and encouraging parent’s involvement, with the support of the rest of the staff team
- Ensure that the pre-school is a safe environment for children, that all equipment is safe, standards of hygiene are high, safety procedures are implemented at all times, risk assessments are undertaken and fire drills are regularly practiced
- Liaise with the SENCO to ensure that the needs of children with additional needs are supported, the curriculum differentiated and that we are working with any relevant outside agencies
Other interested parties
- Liaise with the parents management committee, Ofsted, social services, and other professionals as necessary and ensure all legal and statutory requirements are implemented; to provide reports as required
- Attend in-service training and meetings as required including network meetings, staff meetings, curriculum meetings, committee meetings, key children meetings, Burford school meetings
- Work and liaise with local authority; including drawing up, developing and implementing action plans to improve the pre-school provision.
- Complete Ofsted’s self-evaluation on a termly basis
- Attend IBAN meetings
- Be in charge of all post to the setting and distribute it to staff/committee
- Ensure the registers/diary are updated on a half-termly basis
- Ensure that pre-school admin is kept up to date
- Work with the Treasurer and administrator to manage the pre-school petty cash system
- Diploma in pre-school practice, NVQ level 3 (or equivalent) or above.
- At least 2 years’ of experience of working in an early years setting or have at least two years’ other suitable experience.
- Excellent understanding of child development and of children’s needs
- Ability to plan and implement a pre-school curriculum
- Ability to work with parents and encourage their involvement
- Ability to lead a team of adults
- Commitment to equal opportunities and understanding of religious and cultural diversities
- GCSE Maths and English
- Ability to write clear reports
- Friendly, flexible approach
- Good communication skills
- Experience of a Supervisor role in an early years setting
- Degree in early years education
- First Aid certificate
- Food hygiene training
- Safeguarding training
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions that they may have and any orders which have been made against them.
St Mary’s Pre-school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An enhanced disclosure and baring service (DBS) check is required for this role. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.