4 days left
- Contract Type
We are currently recruiting an experienced Nursery practitioner with minimum level 3 qualification in childcare or a Montessori Early Childhood Teaching Diploma to join our lively team. Buckingham Montessori is a full time nursery that runs between 07:30-18:00 from Monday to Friday. our planning is based around the EYFS and incorporates key Montessori- based teaching methods and concepts that compliment the EYFS curriculum.
The job role is an excellent opportunity to be part of a multi-faceted nursery that offers children both life-based learning and independence through activities that encourage individual growth. As a nursery practitioner the role will involve the following:
- Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff;
- To keep and carry out observations in order to analyse and help enhance children's development.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team;
- Liaise with parent/ careers and to maintain a positive relationship with them.
- To be involved in out of work hours activities, e.g. training and staff meetings.
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the setting such as preparing snack and cleansing equipment's.
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the project is filled;
- Look upon the setting as a 'whole' where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of the children;
- To respect confidentiality of information received;
- To ensure the setting of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development.
- To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace, ensuring setting policies and procedures are observed at all times.
Candidates applying for the post must have:
- Prior nursery nurse/ teacher experience of one year or more working in a Montessori setting.
- CACHE/ NVQ Level 3 or above [desirable] or
- Montessori Diploma [desirable]
- Expert knowledge and understanding of Ofsted and EYFS [essential]
- Good knowledge of Paediatric first aid, health & safety, child protection and safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Work well alone and as part of a team.
- DBS checked.
- Can inspire and motivate staff and children.
- Energetic, caring and patient.
- Friendly and child cantered.
- Passionate about the learning and development of children.
- Proactive and ability to multitask.
- Willing to go the extra mile.
The working hours are 40 hours per week [full time] from Monday to Friday between 07:30-18:00. Staff receive 1 week holiday over Christmas and 23 days paid holiday
Apply for Nursery Nurse
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly