Qualified Nursery Practitioner
5 days left
- Contract Type
A fantastic nursery is seeking an experienced nursery worker to join their passionate, professional and friendly staff team.
Applicants must hold a relevant qualification (level 3) and in depth working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework and the safe guarding + welfare requirements.
The role is a 36 hours per week permanent position with 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays. Pension is available.
Salary is subject to experience.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Mudchute Farm Day Nursery
Post Title: Nursery Worker
Responsible to: Senior Nursery Worker
Responsibility for: occasional supervision of support staff and supervision of students and trainees and volunteers as appropriate.
Purpose of the Job
- To work as part of a team to provide a nurturing environment for the physical care of children which enables them to access the foundation stage curriculum and to participate in maintaining and developing contact with parents and all other agencies relevant to the under eight’s.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To work with the senior Nursery Worker and manager to develop and implement a curriculum appropriate to the age of the children, incorporating the Foundation Stage Guidance and birth to three matters.
- To participate in maintaining and developing contact and communication with the parents, Early Years Service, local primary schools, social services and all other agencies relevant to the children and nursery.
- To share responsibility for creating and maintaining a high quality learning and caring environment (both inside and out), with resources and facilities being developed and used to their maximum, while good health and safety standards are maintained.
- Together with other colleagues, to identify children with special educational needs and work with the manager and Special Needs Childcare Worker to develop a curriculum and environment which is appropriate and provides for these individual needs.
- Together with other colleagues to ensure equality of opportunity enabling all children to access a full range of provision.
- To take daily responsibility for setting up classroom/care group room and outside activity areas, checking equipment and ensuring the maintenance of a safe, creative and stimulating environment.
- To be responsible for supporting children and parents during the settling in period.
- To ensure resources are available and in good condition and appropriate to the needs of the children in line with the planned activities and the curriculum programme.
- To take daily responsibility for planning and evaluating activities.
- To be responsibility for taking and maintaining registers as required.
- To serve and supervise meal times and other refreshments as required taking into consideration children and families individual, religious and cultural needs.
- To implement health and safety policies and procedures.
- To carryout regular observation, recording and reporting of children’s progress.
- To keep regular contact with parents about their children’s progress and passing on advice to parents about their child and child development issues as appropriate.
- To have regular liaison consultation with other professional and agencies about children in nursery with regard to SEN issues, child protection and the general welfare of the children etc. Complete official records as required and ensure Child Protection and Inclusion Policies are fully adhered to.
- To participate in the support and training of students, including student nursery nurses, NVQ students, work experience placements, etc, as required.
- To attend relevant meeting concerning children in your care, including meetings with parents, contract meetings, cases conferences etc.
- To participate in writing the nursery development plan and policies, and contributing to the whole nurseries approach in planning, record keeping, Quality Assurance and development of the nursery.
- To attend and participate in relevant training and sharing the knowledge and ideas gained with colleagues in the nursery.
- To attend first aid training and providing emergency first aid and dealing with emergencies as required.
- Participating in the regular staff meeting and supervision and appraisal session with line manager, ensuring that performance standards, targets and work agreed is carried out as agreed.
- To undertaken relevant and appropriate training, as identified with the line manager.
- To undertaken duties associated with jobs up to and including the same grade, provided such duties are within the competence of the post holder.
- To deliver services in line with the Nursery’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
Person Specifications / Requirements
- Level 3 Qualification in Childcare and / or Education (ESSENTIAL)
- Experience in planning and delivering the Early Years Foundation Stage. (ESSENTIAL)
- Experience of working with children and their parents/carers (ESSENTIAL)
- Health and development issues effecting children (ESSENTIAL)
- Excellent record of attendance (ESSENTIAL)
- Experience of working in a multi – cultural setting (DESIRABLE)
- Experience of working in a community setting (DESIRABLE)
Skills and Abilities
- Good verbal and written communication skills (ESSENTIAL)
- An ability to communicate clearly with colleges, parents and children (ESSENTIAL)
- Ability to undertaken delegated tasks (ESSENTIAL)
- A flexible and responsive approach to managing change and development (ESSENTIAL)
- To be able to work well as part of a team (ESSENTIAL)
Knowledge and Understanding
- Knowledge and understanding of child development and care (ESSENTIAL)
- Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (ESSENTIAL)
- Knowledge of the Day Care Standards and Children Act 1989 (ESSENTIAL)
- Understanding of confidentiality (ESSENTIAL)
- Understanding of Equal Opportunities (ESSENTIAL)
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn (ESSENTIAL)
- The willingness to ensure children’s safety at all times (ESSENTIAL)
- A flexible and approachable manner (ESSENTIAL)
Please complete the Application Form provided and direct any queries to Vicky Strong, our Nursery Manager. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Apply for Qualified Nursery Practitioner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly