Preschool Manager Netley, Southampton (SO31)
The Preschool, based in Butlocks Heath, Netley, is different to other local preschools in that they have developed their nature nursery to fully utilise the woodland resources available to them. They offer preschooling to children aged 2-4. They use the woodland resources and spend time outside in all weathers learning.
The right candidate must be prepared to be outside daily in the woods or park. They must be prepared to work hard, get stuck in when required, be a team player, have good communication skills and a good sense of humour as this is a very physical and demanding job.
The responsibilities include:
- Lead in the implementation of the relevant curriculum.
- Support and supervise all staff with their day to day duties.
- Assist in the supervisions and annual review systems with all staff in accordance with the company policy.
- Identify training needs, develop a training plan and evaluate training undertaken by staff.
- Be responsible for participating in all self - development activities.
- You will provide high standards of quality within the Preschool including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- Ensure that children are kept safe and that staff understand and when necessary follow safeguarding procedures.
- Implement Health and safety policies within the Preschool Work with area NCOS’s, EYFS advisors, health professionals and local Sure Start programmes as appropriate.
- Work with budgets, raise invoices and chase payments
- Welcome new families and increase numbers of children
- Work towards Ofstead outstanding setting criteria
- Sound knowledge and understanding of tapestry
- IT, website & social media proficiency
- Understanding of GDPR and impact
- Minimum NVQ Level 5 in Early Years and willingness to undertake further training to achieve Level 6 or above
- GCSE Maths and English grade C or above
- An awareness of child protection issues and on-going commitment to gain Level 4 child protection qualification if not already held
- Proven experience of working with 2- 5-year olds in an early year’s environment
- Sound understanding of child development and of children’s needs
- Sound understanding of Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum
- Ability to plan and implement a pre-school curriculum for all children
- Ability to work with parents and to encourage their involvement
- Ability to lead a team of adults and work as part of a team
- Minimum Level 4 Child Protection Qualification
- Experience of working in an Ofsted Outstanding setting / environment
- Forest School Teachings
The hourly wage is £8-10 per hour dependant on experience and level of qualification
The preschool operates for 38 weeks per year plus 1 week of inset days
The staff operating hours are
Monday and Tuesday 08:00 – 15:00
Wednesday and Thursday 8:00 – 12:30 (with the opportunity of the 30 hrs funding increasing these days to 3pm, plus potential Friday opening)
A&C Recruitment Ltd currently specialise in searching and resourcing within the Care sector. The business was set up to help our clients avoid high recruitment fees and instead charge affordable one-off payments to undertake the necessary advertising and candidate searches.
- We have a team of experienced account managers, who oversee the day to day running of a client’s account, by sending them updates on potential candidates that have been sourced through our recruitment team’s searches, or applications to adverts we post online.
- If you would like to know more, or are applying for a job through us. Please do not hesitate to contact A&C Recruitment on 01775 729321, quoting Ref AC1515 and ask for Lucy
Apply for Preschool Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly