Job Description for a Nursery Practitioner
Responsible to Manager
To create learning experiences for a group of children aged between 0 to 5 years old in a safe, secure environment.
To plan, organise and deliver activities that are related to appropriate developmental stages.
To work as part of a team to facilitate every aspect of development of all children, enabling them to reach their full potential.
A relevant Level 3 qualification in Child Care and Education or equivalent and GCSE or equivalent Maths and English.
Paediatric First Aid Certificate
Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
Excellent understanding of the needs of young children
Thorough knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage, including the Welfare Requirements.
Evidence of commitment to ongoing personal and professional development
- To assist with the planning of the curriculum using the EYFS 2017 for guidance; planning and organising activities and opportunities that extends learning and supports the development of children within the EYFS.
- To be aware of Safeguarding issues and follow the Nursery’s Safeguarding procedures
- To understand and fully implement Nursery policies.
- To maintain a safe and secure environment for children.
- To work in partnership with parents and carers.
- To act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met.
- To maintain objective, accurate and up to date records that will help identify children’s individual needs, abilities and progress and which will inform future planning.
- To maintain the Nursery environment, including cleaning and other related jobs that may be considered necessary for the efficient running of the Nursery.
- To attend staff meetings and staff training sessions.
- To work within a team and maintain good communication.
- share good childcare practice with colleagues, display exemplary behaviour and act as a role model to junior staff
- To supervise children at meal times.
- To plan and participate in outings and be aware that this may necessitate additional responsibilities relating to child safety.
- May be asked to undertake specific roles and responsibilities within the Nursery which may involve attending meetings and receiving training related to this role.
- To respect confidentiality relating to all aspects of the Nursery.
Terms and conditions
Hours per week: Monday - Thursdays during term time 8.00 am – 4.30 pm
Salary: From £9,800 dependent on experience
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and does require a criminal records check. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them. The vacancy is subject to receipt of references, certificates of relevant Childcare qualification & completion of DBS check
Apply for Nursery Practitioner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly