Purple Dragon - Chief creator of excitement and adventure (planning & procurement person)
Purple Dragon is a private members club for families, providing effortless family time, all of the time, for families with children from 12 months to twelve years of age. This is a real opportunity to influence young children in a variety of fun and creative ways. We are looking for someone who has experience of lesson planning perhaps from a School or Nursery or just planning in general or alternatively from a learning and development background. It is essential that you are fun, have a vivid imagination and you enjoy being around children. You must also be extremely organised and have good attention to detail.
You will be responsible for planning all of our fun activities throughout the Club, from what’s going on in our weekly signature classes to devising relevant weekly themes across the year and supporting one off adventures. You will develop creative and engaging activities in art, science, sensory, music, cooking, active play and storytime & puppets sessions, using the resources available, ensuring that the activities can be translated across a range of ages. You will encourage participation and collaboration from room leads and play buddies across the clubs, but will be ultimately responsible for ensuring consistent planning of high quality activities.
You will ensure that the play buddies understand the lesson plans and are equipped to deliver the plans both from a training and understanding perspective but also from a resources viewpoint and will work closely with the head of play / play supervisor to ensure that there is an effective flow of communication and information, both before and after activities take place.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all of the planning for the activities within the venues
- Conduct training with the Play teams in how to run the activities on a weekly basis.
- Generate fun theme based activities in art, science, sensory play, music, cooking, active play and storytime & puppets session
- Stay up to date with current child trends/interest and utilise them when planning activities.
- Suggest new classes and activities to keep the offering to our members new and fresh.
- Create and develop relationships within the Play team to allow for honest and direct feedback.
- Create manage and update a database of activity plans and ideas for future usage within Purple Dragon Venues. Understand and develop Purple Dragons’ Play offering.
- Deliver reports into play team productivity and effectiveness.
- Ensure that all clubs are equipped to deliver a consistently high standard in all of the play led activities that they do.
- Develop and manage the themes for the year and develop activities accordingly.
- Observe play buddies conducting activities and give constructive feedback.