Title: Deputy Manager
Accountability: The post holder will be responsible to the Nursery Manager and local Director
Objective: To work alongside all Room Managers to promote a high standard of care and education for children between all age ranges to promote sound relationships and ensure the smooth running of the nursery
Responsibility: Full responsibility for the monitoring of practice and managing the nursery in the absence of the Manager ensuring adequate staffing levels at all times and ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Recent relevant supervisory experience
- Minimum qualifications NNEB, CCLD NVQ lll, BTEC
- Ability to manage and work as part of a team
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Good level of ITC skills
- Good inter-personal and communicational skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion at all times, a flexible, adaptable and positive attitude
Location: Littleworld Day Nursery –Upper Clatford, Andover
Purpose of the job: To provide professional leadership and management of the Management team and to deliver the highest standards of care and education.
- Ensure that standards in all the rooms meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework
- Ensure that standards within the rooms meet the company policies, procedures and operational practice.
- Ensure the welfare requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework are met.
- To support the creation of an environment that supports the childcare needs of individuals.
- Establish effective methods of communication with management, team, parents and carers.
- Ensure that equality of access and opportunity is given to all staff, parents and carers and children.
- Ensure that the company’s Safeguarding Policy and Procedures are consistently implement including the maintenance of accurate records, to lead the Nursery Senco team and liaise with the Lead Practitioner for Safeguarding and outside agencies.
- Ensure the nursery team are working within the system to monitor, evaluate and improve the quality of childcare practice and provision.
- Develop open and positive working relationships with the nursery team
- Work with the company’s performance management review process and provide regular feedback on performance to the Manager
- Involve staff in decision making
- Support staff with their planning for individual and appropriate experiences for children, which meet the learning and development requirements of the EYFS Statutory Framework.
- Ensure that planning, assessment, recording and reporting, is in line with the requirements of the EYFS Statutory Framework.
- To work in partnership with parents/carers and other professionals in line with the requirements of the EYFS Statutory Framework.
- Establish effective liaison with parents on a day-to-day basis regarding the welfare, learning and development of the children throughout the nursery.
- Take responsibility for standards of safety, security, hygiene, cleanliness and tidiness throughout the nursery.
- Comply with all the Company’s policies and procedures at all times.
- Proactively represent the company and advance its interest in the local community
- To ensure key person maintain objective, accurate and up to date records which identify children’s individual needs, abilities and progress and use these to focus for future planning.
- To assist in the support and supervision of students and apprentices in the nursery.
To take responsibility for the professional development of the nursery, keeping abreast of current practices, research and ensure all mandatory training is kept up to date.
Apply for Deputy Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly