The post holder will be responsible to the Nursery Manager and Deputy Manager
To promote a high standard of care and education for children between specific age range to promote sound relationships and ensure the smooth running of the room
Full responsibility for the room, manage a team, ensure adequate staffing levels at all times and ensure Health & Safety policy and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Recent relevant practical experience
- Minimum qualifications NNEB, CCLD NVQ lll, BTEC
- Ability to manage and work as part of a team
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Good level of ITC skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion at all times
- A flexible, adaptable and positive attitude
Littleworld Day Nursery – Weyhill Road, Andover
Purpose of the job: To provide professional leadership and management of a room. To deliver the highest standards of care and education.
- Ensure that practice and provision in the room meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework
- Ensure that standards within the room meet the company policies, procedures and operational practice.
- Ensure the welfare requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework are met.
- Create an environment that supports the childcare needs of individuals.
- Establish effective methods of communication with management, team, parents and carers.
- Ensure that equality of access and opportunity is given to all staff, parents and carers and children.
- Ensure that the company’s Safeguarding Policy and Procedures are consistently implement including the maintenance of accurate records, communication with the Nursery Senco and outside agencies and attendance at Safeguarding reviews if required.
- Ensure your team are working within the system to monitor, evaluate and improve the quality of childcare practice and provision.
- Develop open and positive working relationships with your team
- Work with the company’s performance management review process and provide regular feedback on performance to your Manager and team
- Involve staff in decision making
- Support staff with their planning for individual and appropriate experiences for children, which meet the learning and development requirements of the EYFS Statutory Framework.
- Ensure that planning, assessment, recording and reporting, is in line with the requirements of the EYFS Statutory Framework.
- To work in partnership with parents/carers and other professionals in line with the requirements of the EYFS Statutory Framework.
- Establish effective liaison with parents on a day-to-day basis regarding the welfare, learning and development of the children in the designated section.
- Take responsibility for standards of safety, security, hygiene, cleanliness and tidiness throughout your room.
- Comply with all the Company’s policies and procedures at all times.
- Proactively represent the company and advance its interest in the local community
- Provide accurate and timely room management information as required.
Closing Date 2nd November