Nursery Chef (South Bermondsey Community Nursery)
A superb opportunity has arisen for an experienced Early Years Chef to work in our Nursery in Bermondsey. Objectives are to assist in the effective planning, safe preparation and delivery of nutritionally well balanced meals for children and staff. Most importantly, to protect and promote the safeguarding and welfare of children.
The duties of an Early Years Kitchen Chef will include:
- To prepare nutritionally well balanced and attractively presented meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Healthy Snacks- all meals)
- To ensure and maintain high standards of hygiene and safety in the kitchen, in line with LEYF Food Safety Management system.
- To ensure that the dietary and cultural requirements of the children are observed at all times.
- To undertake any other tasks, as requested by the management, which are necessary for the smooth operation of the organization.
- To maintain safety of kitchen equipment and appliances reporting any faults to the manager.
The key attributes of a Kitchen Chef include:
- Have previous experience of working in a Kitchen.
- Holding a Basic Food Hygiene certificate.
- Being passionate about preparing fresh, balanced, nutritious meals for the babies and children in the nursery.
- Able to communicate effectively with all nurseries (customers) to ensure correct delivery of meals and snacks the meet the specific needs of children.
- Good hygiene practice is essential
- Allergy Awareness qualification is essential.
- To plan the weekly routine of shopping, cooking and mealtimes with the Deputy Manager, the parents and the manager of the nursery.
- To alert any issues of safeguarding and child protection, ensuring that the welfare and safety of children attending the nursery is promoted and safeguarded. To report any child protection concerns to the person in charge.
Hours: Full Time
Salary: From £8.28 to £8.74 per hour
Location: South Bermondsey Community Nursery, SE16 3PN
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com