Early Years Practitioner-Level 2-Eastbury Children's Centre Nursery
Title: Nursery Teacher
Salary: £16,162.44- £16,730.94 per annum inc. London weighting
Are you an experienced Nursery Practitioner seeking a new role? Do you want to work for a social enterprise who have an exceptional reputation in the sector? Do you hold a full and relevant childcare level 2 qualification? Then we want you!
London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) Nurseries is London’s largest childcare social enterprise with over 100 years’ experience educating and caring for children across London. We are a not-for profit organisation and give free places to nearly half of our families, so that children from all backgrounds can enjoy early years learning and care.
We are looking for experienced practitioners to join our Eastbury Children’s Centre Nursery team. Our Eastbury nursery joined the LEYF family in 2008, their last Ofsted inspection in April 2014 rated them as ‘good’. Eastbury is an 81-place nursery for children aged 0-5 years old, comprising of 4 rooms with an outdoor space and vegetable patch for the children and is open 51 weeks of the year.
What do our staff say about working at Eastbury?
‘The support we can get from each other is ever growing but I still believe some of our strengths come from our size. We are a social enterprise and not part of the private sector out to make a profit at the expense of the children. It’s great to be a part of the learning and encouragement for the children.’
What do you need to have to be considered for this position?
- We would require you to have a full and relevant child care qualification at level 2 or above. We would require you to demonstrate your knowledge of the EYFS.
- You will also need to understand the difference between safeguarding and child protection and how this is monitored in a nursery setting.
- You will be required to update children’s’ learning journeys weekly with observations, assessments and activity plans. The LEYF team will support you to work per our LEYF Pedagogy whilst developing your skills and knowledge throughout your career with us.
- We are looking for a candidate who is a team worker, uses their initiative and is passionate about child care and development.
So, what benefits can LEYF offer you?
- LEYF staff are paid some of the highest wages in the sector, you will be part of a group of 37 Nurseries with exceptional reputations across London who support each other. We have central office functions all who are there to help you run and develop your nursery to meet high quality standards.
- As a permanent member of the LEYF family you will be entitled to 50% off child care.
- 7% employer contribution pension
- 23 days’ annual leave plus an additional 3 days over Christmas! We also offer additional discounts on memberships and EE contracts.
Interested? Apply now!