Early Years Practitioner - Level 3 - New Cross Community Nursery
Do you want to work in a fun and nurturing environment? Is continuous professional development important to you? Are you a passionate practitioner with a creative edge?
London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) Nurseries is London’s largest childcare social enterprise with over 100 years’ experience educating and caring for children across London. We are a not-for profit and give free places to nearly half of our families, so that children from all backgrounds can enjoy early years learning and care.
We are looking for inspiring and knowledgeable practitioners to join our New Cross Community Nursery team. Our New Cross nursery joined the LEYF family in 2015. Following their last Ofsted inspection in October 2017, New Cross was rated as 'Good'. New Cross is a 69-place nursery for children aged 0-5 years old, comprising of 3 rooms with a large outdoor space for the children and is open 51 weeks of the year.
What do our staff say about working at New Cross?
‘I work in an organisation that really cares about employees so that we can provide the best care for children. I'm encouraged to grow in my career at LEYF should I wish to do so. I love the pedagogy, that it focuses on improving things for families and children. I would love to have more time and resources to put it into practice more fully. There is a really focus on excellence and opportunity to be that personally. Doing action research and being the best we can be to help the children to have the same opportunity. It is a good culture to be in. That fact that you can be Brave and give honest feedback, even to the directors and June. That that is encouraged and you have a voice.’
What do you need to have to be considered for this position?
- Full and relevant child care qualification at level 3 or above.
- Ability to demonstrate your knowledge of the EYFS; including all 7 areas, and provide examples and evidence of your experience in working as a key worker to a group of children aged between 0-5 years old.
- Understand the difference between safeguarding and child protection and how this is monitored in a nursery setting.
- Understand how to update children’s’ learning journeys weekly with observations, assessments and activity plans.
- Ability to use your initiative and able to work well within a team.
- A team worker and passionate about child care and development.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with children and adults.
So, what benefits can LEYF offer you?
LEYF staff are paid some of the highest wages in the sector. The LEYF team will support you to work per our unique LEYF Pedagogy whilst developing your skills and knowledge throughout your career with us.
As a permanent member, you will be entitled to:
- 50% discount on childcare costs at one of our 37 London Nurseries.
- 7% employer contribution pension.
- 23 days’ annual leave plus an additional 3 days over Christmas.
- 4 training days per year with our award winning staff and development programme.
We also offer additional discounts with GLL gym memberships and EE contracts.
Interested? Click Apply!
Apply for Early Years Practitioner - Level 3 - New Cross Community Nursery
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly