Deputy Nursery Manager
You’re going on a job hunt.
We want to recruit you.
What a great company to work for.
We can’t wait to meet you.
Position: Deputy Nursery Manager
Salary: Up to £21,000 - £26,000
Location: Blyth Road, Bromley, BR1 3RS
Hours: 41.25 hours a week
Perks: Employee of the month bonus, free training including your level 4, free uniform, free mobile phone insurance, ½ price cinema vouchers, food and drink vouchers and much more!
Overview of the role
We are looking for a Deputy Manager for our gorgeous Nursery and Preschool in Bromley. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a welcoming and highly respected team who are truly at the heart of the local community. As with all of our settings, Blyth Road Bromley is well appointed to the best quality standards with bright and spacious rooms, modern facilities and a custom made garden.
This is an ideal opportunity for a Senior Room Leader, Room-Based Assistant Manager or current Deputy looking for a new challenge to work as a team with the Nursery Manager. You will be embedding Quality Practice from the outset and provide an outstanding service at every level.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- To deputies in the Manager’s absence.
- To assist with monitoring staff to ensure policies and procedures are being followed
- To work in partnership with your manager and room leaders
- To assist in the day to day running and responsibilities for the nursery
- To work in partnership with parents
- To promote and encourage a stimulating environment for children
- To monitor all staff if necessary, mentor and support their development and manage any issues
Qualifications and experience
- NNEB, CACHE level 3, NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- 3 years' post-qualification experience and at least 2 years’ relevant management experience
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Knowledge of OFSTED standards
- Strong people management skills with the ability to lead and motivate a staff team
- Knowledge and understanding of equal opportunities
- Passion for delivering outstanding childcare and learning
- Lots of energy and a positive ‘can do’ attitude
Please note that Fennies are a Private Day Nurseries and therefore unfortunately are unable to offer term time opportunities.
Should this be of interest please apply with your CV and our dedicated Recruitment Team will be in contact shortly.
Fennies follows a Safer Recruitment and Selection Process. Following a telephone interview, face to face interview and working practical trial, you will be expected to pass the referencing stage and pass a full / enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check prior to employment. Fennies will pay for this, however employment will not begin until you have been given clearance.
Fennies Day Nurseries Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. We value the skills and perspectives that a diverse and representative workforce bring to us and recognise that this will enable us to meet our objectives.
Fennies Day Nurseries Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff, students and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow a safer recruitment policy for all positions and successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.