Two Preschool Assistants required
We are looking for Preschool assistants with significant experience of working within the EYFS. A level 3 childcare qualification is essential, however a level 2 qualification will be considered providing the candidate has relevant and significant experience of working as a Key Person in a busy early years setting. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT CURRENTLY HOLD A RELEVANT CHILDCARE QUALIFICATION
Posts are to start mid-April. Part time hours are 9.00-12.30, full time is 34 hours per week.
- To assist with the planning of the curriculum.
- To help set up the pre-school areas for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of each session, ensuring that all toys and equipment are clean and safe at all times.
- To act as a Key Person to a group of children, liaising closely with parents/carers and ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met.
- To maintain records on Key children, including making observations and writing reports.
- To maintain high levels of safeguarding and health & safety practices.
- To advise the Management team of any concerns e.g. over children, child protection, parents/carers or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To be aware of any special needs a child may have and to familiarise oneself with relevant play and learning plans.
- To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation.
- To attend and participate in staff meetings.
- To attend in-service training courses and meetings as required.
- To keep completely confidential, any information regarding the children, their families or other staff which is acquired as part of the job.
- To keep up-to-date with current good practice; including ensuring oneself is familiar with the contents of the staff handbook and setting’s policies and procedures.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the pre-school Director, in accordance with the pre-school business plan/objectives.
- To have a working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
In addition, Applicants must be able to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and health and safety, be punctual, trustworthy, and able to use own initiative. A good level of spoken and written English is paramount.