Exciting Nursery Manager Opportunity
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Nursery Manager near Bedford.
In your role as Nursery manager you will lead the team to ensure the best quality childcare and education is on offer at all times, as such an in depth working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage, Safeguarding and Welfare Requirements is a must, as well as previous experience as a Nursery Manager.
The Nursery Manager is responsible for the Health and Safety and Compliance of the setting and you will have experience in OFSTED requirements and inspection activities.
In your role you will also lead and oversee the successful operation of the Nursery as a sustainable and profitable business, heading up the Marketing of the setting and managing occupancy, staffing costs, business costs and ensuring a well-managed Profit and Loss account allows the Nursery to grow and add value to the wider company.
You will have experience in front line Human Resource supervision and control, managing the staff team proactively to strive for continuous best practice in the setting, whilst proactively addressing any shortcoming in performance or competence.
Some of your responsibilities as Nursery Manager will include:
* To achieve and maintain high standards of care and education
* To effectively lead and manage the staff team including recruitment and retention, providing day to day guidance, training and support to all staff
* To ensure all policies, procedures and curriculums are implemented and adhered to at all times
* To keep abreast of current early childhood thinking/trends
* To effectively manage the budgets and occupancy levels
* To implement an effective parent liaison programme, to be influential in developing strong links with parents
* To manage all day to day operations of the nursery including sale and marketing, HR, quality and health and safety.
You will need to have the following qualifications, training and experience:
* NNEB, CACHE Level 3, NVQ Level 3
* Excellent knowledge of health and safety legislation
* Knowledge of OFSTED standards
* Excellent knowledge of the EYFS
* Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
* Good time management skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong people management skills
* Knowledge and understand of equal opportunities / SENCO etc.
* Previous relevant management experience in a large private Day Nursery, ideally in a turnaround capacity.
* Excellent business acumen and the ability to successfully plan for, and manage the commercial success of the setting.
Excellent rates of pay, bonuses and benefits with on-going support and career development.
All applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS
We believe that we can only be as successful as our employees. That is why we invest 100% in each and every member of our team. For more information please contact us or send us your CV to be considered for the position.
PLEASE SEND YOUR CV TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION