Room Leader - Toddler Room- Carlton Hill Community Nursery
Title: Room leader
Qualification: Level 3 Child Care
Salary: £20,483.72 – 21,120.20 per annum inc. London weighting
Are you a current room leader looking for a new role? Are you an experienced Nursery Teacher looking to take a step above? Do you hold a full and relevant childcare level 3 qualification?
London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) Nurseries is London’s largest childcare social enterprise with over 100 years’ experience educating and caring for children across London. We are a not-for profit organisation and give free places to nearly half of our families, so that children from all backgrounds can enjoy early years learning and care.
Carlton Hill Community Nursery joined the LEYF family in April 2005. We were most recently inspected by Ofsted in December 2013 and were rated as 'Outstanding' for the second time running. We are looking for an Room Leader to join our toddler room team. Carlton Hill is a 72-place nursery for children aged 0-5 years old, comprising of 3 rooms with an outdoor space for the children and is open 51 weeks of the year.
What do our staff say about working at Carlton Hill?
‘At Carlton Hill we work in a fun and caring environment, with the time and space to develop warm and loving relationships with children in care. Leyf Provides staff training and development program which will help us as practitioners expand our skills and knowledge. Carlton Hill is very warm and welcoming.’
What do you need to have to be considered for this position?
- We would require you to demonstrate your knowledge of the EYFS.
- To lead the evaluation, planning and delivery of the LEYF pedagogy within the toddler room.
- To be an exemplary key person and update key children’s’ learning journeys weekly with observations, assessments and developmental targets, ensuring that staff within their room are working within their key person role.
- Taking the lead in effectively managing, encouraging and supporting others through a coaching and mentoring approach and consistently using pedagogy conversations
- You will also need to understand the difference between safeguarding and child protection and how this is monitored in a nursery setting.
- We are looking for a candidate who is a team worker, uses their initiative and is passionate about child care and development.
So, what benefits can LEYF offer you?
- LEYF staff are paid some of the highest wages in the sector, you will be part of a group of 37 Nurseries with exceptional reputations across London who support each other. We have central office functions all who are there to help you run and develop your nursery to meet high quality standards.
- As a permanent member of the LEYF family you will be entitled to 50% off child care.
- 7% employer contribution pension
- 23 days’ annual leave plus an additional 3 days over Christmas! We also offer additional discounts on memberships and EE contracts.
Interested? Apply now!