Job Title: Preschool Manager
Responsible to: General Manager
Responsible for: Preschool deputy and assistants & any members of staff who work on a relief basis
Purpose of Job:
To provide safe, high quality education and care for preschool children. To fulfil legal and statutory requirements. To supervise staff on a day to day basis
During Term times - 30.5 hours onsite each week to be worked as 3 full days (08:30 - 4:30) and 2 half days. You will also be paid an additional 10 hours each week to complete management admin.
During school holidays - You will be paid 10 hours per week for 4 weeks to complete management admin
Inclusive of annual leave payments the expected annual salary is approximately £27000.
Closing date for applications: 27 April 2018
The duties of the Preschool Manager include:
- To be responsible for providing a high quality of teaching, ensuring that staff are properly deployed and offer appropriate stimulation and support to the children.
- To take responsibility for drawing up long term, medium term and sessional curriculum plans.
- To draw up and to supervise the daily programme of preschool activities and events.
- To be responsible for implementing systems of observation and record keeping so that children’s attainment and progress are effectively and regularly assessed, to monitor the effectiveness of assessment procedures.
- To work closely with the staff team and any external professionals/ agencies to ensure effective support is provided for children with SEND.
- To organise the keyperson system and to effectively supervise staff on a daily basis.
- To manage child records for a small group of key children if required.
- To be responsible for monitoring the quality of teaching and carry out staff appraisals/ supervisions for deputies and staff team.
- To identify any in-service training needs for staff and facilitate access.
- To maintain effective and professional relationships with parents/carers; informing them about the preschool and its curriculum, exchanging information about children’s progress and encouraging parents’ involvement.
- To maintain effective relationships with other professionals involved in the care of children (e.g. Speech Therapists, Health Visitors, Physiotherapists, Early Years Advisors etc)
- To take up the role of Designated Child Protection Officer, ensuring effective procedures are in place to keep children safe.
- To demonstrate a firm commitment to equal opportunities and create an environment in which children from all backgrounds are valued and can reach their full potential.
- To maintain the preschools policies and procedures with respect to confidentiality and sharing of information
- To develop your knowledge of the preschool’s health and safety policies and ensure all procedures are implemented at all times.
- To liaise with the General Manager and assist with ensuring all, legal and statutory requirements are implemented.
- To contribute to preschool policies and procedures and assist the General Manager in implementing them.
- To have an awareness of GDPR and how that impacts the preschools operations.
- Be the main point of contact for parents regarding admissions.
- To organise admissions for September intake each year, and throughout year, as and when vacancies appear.
- To manage the preschool petty cash system.
- To ensure that the preschool is a safe environment for children, staff and visitors.
- To ensure high standards of hygiene are maintained at all times.
- To ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book.
- To attend in-service training and meetings as required.
- To attend and contribute to Committee Meetings.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the General Manager or the Chair of the management committee in accordance with the preschool’s business plan/objectives.
- This position requires the successful candidate to provide Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) certificate.
- This is not an exhaustive list and may be amended as dictated by the needs of the organisation.
JOB TITLE: Preschool Manager
- A minimum of 2 years’ in a management capacity for a preschool or early years setting.
- CACHE Level III Diploma in Preschool Practice, NVQ level III or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge of EYFS, Ofsted requirements and child development.
- Ability to plan and implement a preschool curriculum.
- Ability to work with parents and to encourage their involvement.
- Strong people management skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and understanding of religious and cultural diversity.
- Ability to keep clear and accurate records.
- Good IT skills. (Microsoft Office Applications, internet and email)
- Ability to work proactively and willingness to contribute to the work of the organisation as a whole.
- Able to manage own time and prioritise tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong inter-personal skills.
- Suitable both mentally and physically, to care for children.
- Ability to manage and implement change including recommendations on best practice.
- Graduate level in Early years or PGCE.
This post will require enhanced CRB and medical clearance.
345 Preschools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders that have been made against them.