Nursery Room leader-Pre-School Room-Bessborough Community Nursery
6 days left
Title: Room leader
Salary: £20,899.72-£21,536.20 per annum inc. London weighting
Are you a current room leader looking for a new role? Are you an experienced Nursery Teacher looking to take a step above? Do you hold a full and relevant childcare level 3 qualification?
London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) Nurseries is London’s largest childcare social enterprise with over 100 years’ experience educating and caring for children across London. We are a not-for profit organisation and give free places to nearly half of our families, so that children from all backgrounds can enjoy early years learning and care.
We are looking for experienced level 3 Room Leaders to join our Bessborough Community Nursery team. Our Bessborough nursery joined the LEYF family in April 2005, their last Ofsted inspection in December 2013 rated them as ‘outstanding’. Bessborough is a 51-place nursery for children aged 0-5 years old, comprising of 3 rooms with outdoor spaces for both the children and the babies and is open 51 weeks of the year.
What do our staff say about working at Bessborough?
‘The nursery at Bessborough is a very bright, fun and happy place to work in. Leyf is a professional organisation that takes care of everyone's needs. Working with the children at Bessborough is a joy as we have well trained staff at Leyf.’
What do you need to have to be considered for this position?
- We would require you to have a full and relevant child care qualification at level 3 or above. We would require you to demonstrate your knowledge of the EYFS.
- To lead the evaluation, planning and delivery of the LEYF pedagogy within their room. Ensuring the learning environments, resources, activities, relationships and learning experiences are enabling all children to reach their full potential. You will observe, assess and record the children’s all-round development, protecting and promoting the safeguarding and welfare of all children.
- To plan open ended activities that promote questioning, reasoning and creative thinking skills in our pre-school room.
- To create planned, deliberate and incidental stimulus to encourage children’s curiosity and expose them to new and rich experiences.
- You will also need to understand the difference between safeguarding and child protection and how this is monitored in a nursery setting.
- We are looking for a candidate who is a team worker, uses their initiative and is passionate about child care and development.
So, what benefits can LEYF offer you?
- LEYF staff are paid some of the highest wages in the sector, you will be part of a group of 37 Nurseries with exceptional reputations across London who support each other. We have central office functions all who are there to help you run and develop your nursery to meet high quality standards.
- As a permanent member of the LEYF family you will be entitled to 50% off child care.
- 7% employer contribution pension
- 23 days’ annual leave plus an additional 3 days over Christmas! We also offer additional discounts on memberships and EE contracts.
Interested? Apply now!
Apply for Nursery Room leader-Pre-School Room-Bessborough Community Nursery
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly