Nursery Room Leader-Baby Room-Earl's Court Community Nursery
Title: Room leader
Salary: £20,483.72-£21,120.20 per annum inc. London weighting
Are you a current room leader looking for a new role? Are you an experienced Nursery Teacher looking to take a step above? Do you hold a full and relevant childcare level 3 qualification?
London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) Nurseries is London’s largest childcare social enterprise with over 100 years’ experience educating and caring for children across London. We are a not-for profit organisation and give free places to nearly half of our families, so that children from all backgrounds can enjoy early years learning and care.
We are looking for experienced level 3 Room Leaders to join our Earl’s Court Community Nursery team. Our Earl’s Court nursery joined the LEYF family in September 2011, their last Ofsted inspection in September 2015 rated them as ‘outstanding’. Earl’s Court is a 42-place nursery for children aged 0-5 years old, comprising of 3 rooms with an outdoor space for the children and is open 51 weeks of the year.
What do our staff say about working at Earl’s Court?
‘This is an organisation based on good values and beliefs and has a family feel who genuinely care about their employees. The organisation is supporting many children on a daily basis and helping families to close the gaps in children's learning.’
What do you need to have to be considered for this position?
- We would require you to have a full and relevant child care qualification at level 3 or above. We would require you to demonstrate your knowledge of the EYFS.
- To lead the evaluation, planning and delivery of the LEYF pedagogy within their room. Ensuring the learning environments, resources, activities, relationships and learning experiences are enabling all children to reach their full potential. You will observe, assess and record the children’s all-round development, protecting and promoting the safeguarding and welfare of all children.
- To have experience working in successful baby rooms, knowing how to maximise effective care routines in order to develop the prime areas of learning.
- You will also need to understand the difference between safeguarding and child protection and how this is monitored in a nursery setting.
- We are looking for a candidate who is a team worker, uses their initiative and is passionate about child care and development.
So, what benefits can LEYF offer you?
- LEYF staff are paid some of the highest wages in the sector, you will be part of a group of 37 Nurseries with exceptional reputations across London who support each other. We have central office functions all who are there to help you run and develop your nursery to meet high quality standards.
- As a permanent member of the LEYF family you will be entitled to 50% off child care.
- 7% employer contribution pension
- 23 days’ annual leave plus an additional 3 days over Christmas! We also offer additional discounts on memberships and EE contracts.
Interested? Apply now!