Nursery Room Leader-Toddler Room-Pembury Community Nursery
Title: Room leader
Salary: £20,275.72-20,912.00 per annum inc. London weighting
Are you a current room leader looking for a new role? Are you an experienced Nursery Teacher looking to take a step above? Do you hold a full and relevant childcare level 3 qualification?
London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) Nurseries is London’s largest childcare social enterprise with over 100 years’ experience educating and caring for children across London. We are a not-for profit organisation and give free places to nearly half of our families, so that children from all backgrounds can enjoy early years learning and care.
We are looking for experienced level 3 Room Leaders to join our Pembury Community Nursery team. Our Pembury nursery joined the LEYF family in 2015, their last Ofsted inspection in July 2016 rated them as ‘outstanding’. Pembury is a 55-place nursery for children aged 0-5 years old, comprising of 3 rooms with 2 outdoor spaces for the children and is open 51 weeks of the year.
What do our staff say about working at Pembury?
‘We understand at Pembury that good values are installed for the safety of everyone. The children are from different cultures and ethnic backgrounds and we focus on the development and progress of each person in the nursery, to see where we all have started from and where we are now.’
What do you need to have to be considered for this position?
- We would require you to have a full and relevant child care qualification at level 3 or above. We would require you to demonstrate your knowledge of the EYFS.
- To lead the evaluation, planning and delivery of the LEYF pedagogy within their room. Ensuring the learning environments, resources, activities, relationships and learning experiences are enabling all children to reach their full potential. You will observe, assess and record the children’s all-round development, protecting and promoting the safeguarding and welfare of all children.
- To enjoy and embrace the spontaneity of this phase of development and have a strong understanding of “the twoness of twos,” how they learn and create an enabling environment that promotes optimum conditions for this phase of development within the toddlers room.
- You will also need to understand the difference between safeguarding and child protection and how this is monitored in a nursery setting.
- We are looking for a candidate who is a team worker, uses their initiative and is passionate about child care and development.
So, what benefits can LEYF offer you?
- LEYF staff are paid some of the highest wages in the sector, you will be part of a group of 37 Nurseries with exceptional reputations across London who support each other. We have central office functions all who are there to help you run and develop your nursery to meet high quality standards.
- As a permanent member of the LEYF family you will be entitled to 50% off child care.
- 7% employer contribution pension
- 23 days’ annual leave plus an additional 3 days over Christmas! We also offer additional discounts on memberships and EE contracts.
Interested? Apply now!